Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friend can't download the Fitbit app on Samsung Galaxy S7

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi Julia

My friend and I just went and picked her up a fitbit And I did go to the Google store I saw the Fitbit app went to download it and it said your phone is not compatible And she has a Samsung Galaxy S7 so she was not able to download the app. I even went to the play store to see if I could find it and I couldn't find it there as well. She finally had to add the app to her computer, but

she would have preferred to have it on her cell phone

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Julia_G @KennyR. @charleskn Thanks for your input and your help. 

@iam_grasshopper Welcome to the forums. I will gladly explain you why the Samsung Galaxy S7 is no longer compatible with the Fitbit app. Android 10 is the minimum requirement now for Android device. According to the internet, the Samsuns S7 can be upgraded up until Android 8.0. 

Since this smartphone cannot get the Android 10 update, it will no longer work with the Fitbit app. You can read more about it here: Compatible with Fitbit - click here

Have a nice day!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi, @iam_grasshopper , the Galaxy S7 is definitely a compatible device.  Your friend may need to update the operating system on her phone.  Fitbit supports Android devices running Android 7 or higher.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well I will make sure her phone is updates, has enough memory and so on.
Fingers cross it works thank you for your help.
Best Answer

I would check the Android version on the phone and compare it to Fitbit's requirements.

If there is insufficient memory, the phone should give an error to that effect.

CharlesKn | Mid-Atlantic, USA
60+, strength and cardio
Charge 5, Android, Windows

Best Answer
Thank you for that info. I will tell her to check that as well.

Sent from my Galaxy
Best Answer
0 Votes

Only the s7 edge can download 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Julia_G @KennyR. @charleskn Thanks for your input and your help. 

@iam_grasshopper Welcome to the forums. I will gladly explain you why the Samsung Galaxy S7 is no longer compatible with the Fitbit app. Android 10 is the minimum requirement now for Android device. According to the internet, the Samsuns S7 can be upgraded up until Android 8.0. 

Since this smartphone cannot get the Android 10 update, it will no longer work with the Fitbit app. You can read more about it here: Compatible with Fitbit - click here

Have a nice day!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes