Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrated!

I just bought a Versa 4 sine my Versa 2 died. I had had it almost 4 years and loved it. I have been a Fitbit user for decades. Versa 4 and technical support have me so frustrated. I requested a merge of my old account but tech support deleted it. Forever. My android phone no longer syncs properly unless I sync by hand. I am not able to sync my wt scale as it worked previously as Fitbit no longer recognizes it so i have to input by hand. I no longer see my maps on Google maps to show distance and time. I have spoken to 3 different tech support specs and one nearly deleted all accounts until I told him to stop. I was able to fix the problem he was about to expand. Just venting as I no longer trust Fitbit tech support and will just use what I can after this $200 equipment dies. 

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Maybe I am missing something here, but there's no reason to get tech support to merge accounts when updating Fitbit models.  If you just stay in the same Fitbit account and add the new watch, replacing the previous one, all the data is still there stored by your account with no respect to which tracker it came from.  Many of us have had many Fitbit models, with data from all of them stored together in one account, as I would expect you would, having been a "Fitbit user for decades".

Did you shift to a different email/account ID?  Try looking up your data on the fitbit.com dashboard?

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
Totally agree. But, the first rep stated I had to move to a Google account
and so I did. Nothing transferred so he stated I needed a new account, just
for Fitbit. So I did THAT! Again, nothing transferred and he had deleted my
old account. So, I should NEVER have requested assistance when the pop up
suggested using a Google account. ugh. But thanks.
Best Answer

I see. The old Google account struggle.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

I have the exact issue! And it just happened.  I can not figure out to fix it! I have also been a fitbit user for years!

Best Answer
I get more information from the forum. My old account was deleted and
beyond repair. I think there is better information from the forum than
calling the techs. Best of luck.... BTW, forum taught me how to use the
maps on the Versa 4: Go to Exercise on the Versa, scroll down to GPS and
turn it on. My phone is opened to Google maps and it shows where I am and
where I am going. I still havent found the distance on the computer but it
is on the phone and Versa 4. Good luck!
Best Answer

@Bigir wrote:
I get more information from the forum.  . . . I think there is better information from the forum than
calling the techs. . . .

Often the case.  Think of all the years of experience here.  And also, people here get to choose their cases, and ignore the ones they don't know know or don't want; unlike tech support where you are under pressure to answer whatever question comes your way right away, rather than here where we are free to think about things for hours before deciding whether we even want to try to answer.  Of course, the downside here is trying to pick out real questions amid all the pseudo-questions that have no answer, such as 'why does the app keep getting worse?' or 'why has Google screwed everything up?' .

Best Answer
Good points. All true. But... my frustration was due to techs who
apparently did not understand my request or just acted without considering
the potential outcome. Funny... when my old account was deleted, the phone
call dropped. There was no acrimony or negativity... I just don't think he
knew what to do and shot in the dark. So, yes.... I am going to the forum
and getting some advice I could use. Thanks again.
Best Answer

Of course even here you can't believe everything you read and have to be cautious.

Best Answer