Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS data for run not recorded at all

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I use flex 2 to measure my steps and sleep. However since flex 2 is not having GPS capability, I use fitbit app for tracking the runs.

Since last few runs, I am facing a strange problem. While I am running fitbit app does track and record the GPS details and split details. How ever when I finish the run and pause the tracking followed by Finish the app goes blank and then the running data totally disappears from the app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

I had the same problem yesterday so I manually recorded my walk from what gps said I did. It finally synced last night. Then I encountered another problem, my previous days steps are deleted on the app and I know it was there.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you by chance press pause. then resume? 

If so the map probably would be lost. 

Fitbit is looking into the cause .

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I did pause when I stopped midway. If maps would be lost or even the recording of the whole walk is lost then pause should not be an option for that feature of the app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did press pause twice as it did not get pressed .. but did not press resume .. rather pressed and held finish button to complete my run .. so not sure if this problem should happen

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had something similar happen. I went for a long hike today and about halfway through my ionic died. It was my bad for not charging it before and using the GPS. So I used my phone and the Fitbit app from that point on to track the distance covered. It had good connection to GPS and my phone was showing the route I had taken and the time and distance. I end the hike. When I'm trying to look over the data of how I did the Fitbit app crashes. My app no longer shows the activity. Is there any way to recover this?

Best Answer
0 Votes