Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS information disappeared

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, friends.  I went out on a run tonight while wearing my Charge 2 and carrying my phone.  I used the app on the phone to execute the run tracking.  (I like having the ability to pause, which you can't do on the Charge 2 itself.)  As I was running, it was properly tracking distance (which I verified with a running buddy's non-Fitbit GPS watch).  Since there were a ton of hills affecting my stride length, this means it had to have been locked onto GPS.

When I finished the run, I held Finish down until it saved.  And now the run is in my Fitbit log, but the GPS information is gone!  Fitbit now has no idea what distance I ran; it lost the pausing information (so the times when I paused at a red light are just integrated into the run time now); and there's no map!!  What the heckfire happened??

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Currently if the pause is pressed and resumed on an android phone the GPS recording is lost. I see no mention of which device the Fitbit app is on. The tracker is out of the picture. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I have an Android phone.  (Google Pixel, maybe a 2015 or 2016 vintage.)  That's . . . a major, major bug!!  Is this a bug that's known to the Fitbit developers?  Is it on their to-do list?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes there is a thread on the Android forum .

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @deislily! My friend @Rich_Laue is right with this one. At the moment, this is a glitch in this portion of the Fitbit app that is already under investigation. If you 'Pause' your activity and then 'Resume' after you finish, you will not see your map or some of your exercise data. Alternatively, this does not happen if you 'Pause' and 'Finish' your Run/Walk right away. 

As soon as we have updates on this, I'll make sure to keep you posted! Woman Very Happy

PS: I wanted to let you know that I've moved your post to the Android App board since this inconvenience is more related to this board. 

Thanks so much for your understanding with this matter, let me know if there's anything else I can do for you in the meantime.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

Same thing I see with my Fitbit Ionic and Android phone.

At the end of workout, all the cycling information (GPS, Heard rate etc.) are synchronized.

On the web dashboard, Strava and on windows 10 app I can see my workout details, however on my Android phone I can't.

By the way, this issue doesn't happens not regularly.

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This sounds like a different problem @dasa. You did record cycling through the Ionic, correct. 

If you synced before turning if the cycle mode heart rate should also have been transferred to strava. 

Best Answer
0 Votes