Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS not connecting to Android phone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'll preface by saying I've read through every thread and help page I could find, but unfortunately nothing has worked so far. This includes:

• Restarting my Fitbit Blaze.
  • Restarting my phone.
  • Switching bluetooth and GPS on/off.

Here's what I am doing:

1. Load Fitbit app on Android phone, sync to make sure phone and watch are communicating okay.
  2. Go to "Exercise" tab in app, open the "Track" page.
  3. Confirm GPS is on and am receiving 3-4 bars of signal on the app itself.
  4. Select "Run" on Fitbit Blaze. Message reading "Connecting to phone..." appears.
  5. After about 5 seconds, I get the "Check Fitbit app".
  6. In spite of this, I have tried to start my run on the app and then the phone, and then vice versa, and nothing has ever happened. When I do this and then sync after, two separate runs are showing up.

Despite both devices seeming to be connected to one another via sync, they are not connecting through the GPS function. 

Any thoughts?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Yes my thought is what type of phone, actually what OS, and have you looked T the help doc. http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1874

What mode is your phones location set for? You want it set for high accuracy. 

I've also noticed on lollipop swiping down on the status bar, I see the message location set by GPS while the GPS is connected. 

Best Answer

@gloryatsea To follow-up on @Rich_Laue's questions above, what make and model mobile device are you using when attempting to use Connected GPS? Also, what OS version is your mobile device running?

I also suggest checking out this help article for more information on using GPS with Fitbit.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes