Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS tracking on my android is off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I tried looking this issue up in the forums and was not able to find a solution that worked for me.

I use the "Track Exercise" feature on the Fitbit app on my android (Samsung Galaxy S8) when I'm walking. It was pretty accurate at following the route I took at lunch, but then sometime last week, it started going all over the place for this location. I have no idea what triggered this sporadic tracking. I found one post suggesting turning off my location on my phone, restarting the phone, and then turning the location back on. I tried this and it looked like it was okay on a different route I took. But when I went on my normal lunch walk route, it was again all over the place. What else can I do to make the GPS tracking accurate again?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

I tried uploading my screenshots to my original post, but for some reason it was in a weird format:
"Source"
"Image Description"
"Dimension"
"x"

But finally in this reply, it gives me the normal "drag photos here" screen.

Normal trackingNormal trackingSporadic trackingSporadic tracking

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think I figured out what my problem was!

I didn't realize it at the time, but I had turned off the permission for my FitBit app to run in the background while my DataSaver mode has been turned on. I hope this does the trick!

I'm a bit disappointed that no one ever replied to my post...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately turning this permission back on did not change anything 😞 I don't know why it won't work. When I have my app open and looking at the map, it track the walk perfectly. But when I have it on in the background, that's when it can't seem to track and goes all over the place. I honestly don't know what happened because before, it would track perfectly even when my app was only running in the background.

Best Answer
0 Votes