Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxys3 to Charge 2. Yes notifications.No for name/text.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi. I've read and read similar type issues and used the trouble shooting tips etc to no avail.

Just set up my Charge 2 that I got at Christmas (my flex died last night). It appears to have synched successfully to my Samsung Galaxy S3. Text messaging "sender and message" has been chosen in the notifications.  I DO get the notifications for text messages, but it's  "new message" showing up for a few seconds. I am unable to see the senders name or any of the first 40 characters as I've read I should be getting.  After reading many similar issues (usually someone not getting any notifications at all) I'm kind of running out of things to try. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @turn2stone, good to see you here and I'm wondering which troubleshooting steps have you tried so far. This certainly is not a normal behavior, so in the meantime I would recommend the following for you tor review.

Try to reset the app and clear the cache following the instructions from this post. Now as soon you have tried the suggested steps, try to set up the notifications from scratch:

1. Tell your mobile device to "forget" your tracker. The instructions differ by device, but in most cases:
    1. Tap Settings > Bluetooth and find your tracker on the list.
    2. Tap Forget or Forget Device.
  2. Reboot your mobile device.
  3. In the Fitbit app under device settings, tap Notifications and make your choice.

Follow the steps in the suggested order and keep me posted how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
First off thanks for the help. I've followed these instructions but still
the same outcome. I am getting the notification, but just "new
message"....nothing further. I will continue to read about other people's
issues and I'll keep trying possible solutions!
Best Answer
0 Votes
First off thanks for the help. I've followed these instructions but still
the same outcome. I am getting the notification, but just "new
message"....nothing further. I will continue to read about other people's
issues and I'll keep trying possible solutions!
Best Answer
0 Votes