Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear icon in left corner of app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey all! A couple months ago my profile picture, that was in the top left hand corner of my android app, is now in the banner on the bottom right. There's now a black gear icon in the top left corner and I can't see my average daily steps anymore, can't do health assessments, etc... My husband, who has the same version of the app, looks completely like it used to. I tried to uninstall the app then restart my phone and reinstall the app but it didn't do anything. Any advice is appreciated, thank you.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@losthoughts I wasn't really paying attention but yes, I have the gear top left and profile picture is under "you" on the bottom right. This is on three different phones so I'm assuming it was a layout change on one of the updates. I can still see all the averages by clicking on a tile item and then the double arrow top right like I always did? I don't have premium but also clicking the health metrics or stress management tiles still open to show more?

I don't see anything not working on this layout. Does seem odd your Husband has same app version and old layout. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Strange.  I've never seen or heard of that before.

This probably won't fix it but worth trying.  I have seen just clicking the Edit button, then saying Done right away to, to clear up some minor display glitches.  Also from Edit, scroll down to 'Additional Stats' to see if there's anything you want to add back from there.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah it's not working. I have no idea why it does this. It's very frustrating 😑 

Best Answer

@losthoughts I wasn't really paying attention but yes, I have the gear top left and profile picture is under "you" on the bottom right. This is on three different phones so I'm assuming it was a layout change on one of the updates. I can still see all the averages by clicking on a tile item and then the double arrow top right like I always did? I don't have premium but also clicking the health metrics or stress management tiles still open to show more?

I don't see anything not working on this layout. Does seem odd your Husband has same app version and old layout. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh! Where can you see your average steps per day!? I used to be able to see it under my main profile. Not to be confused with the daily steps I take, but the AVERAGE. Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just found it!!! You are my hero!!!! Wow that is so complicated though! Thank you for being a genius! 😆 

Best Answer

@losthoughts  I'm glad you got it figured out, but I'm still curious about that screen layout.  @TommyIzzo or @losthoughts  if either of you could easily post a screenshot of that layout, I would like to see.  But don't go to lot of effort if not familiar with posting screen shots.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

@losthoughts You're welcome! Glad you got it worked out and are happy! 😁

@JohnnyRow This is what the main screen looks like. 

fitbit app.jpg

Best Answer