Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel 4 compatibility with notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got the charge 3 and have a Google pixel 4. Is there anyone else who had issues with getting any notifications on their fitbit??  I cannot figure it out. I read there was some on the previous versions of pixel so curious if the newest model is compatible. 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

More detail...

I use numerous messaging apps. I have a pixel 4 and Fitbit charge 3. When I install Signal app initially and configure Fitbit app to send notifications to the charge 3, I properly receive Signal notifications at my charge 3. After a few minutes, if I receive a signal notification, the notification is properly output at my phone but is no longer output at my charge 3. All other messaging apps properly send notifications to my charge 3.

The only way to fix the problem is to go into Android Settings for the Signal app and Clear Storage (Clear Cache does not fix the issue). But if I select Clear Storage, I have to reinstall my account on the Signal app every time.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Familyjuls230, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Let me share with you that the Google Pixel 4 is still not listed as a compatible device with our products and services, therefore, you can experience some connection difficulties with it. Even though your phone is not compatible, I recommend you to check: How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device? to see that all the necessary requirements to receive notifications on your Charge 3 are correctly configured.

After verifying the above, please try the troubleshooting steps that are specified on: My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone and let me know how it goes.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer

Notifications for the Signal app on my Charge 3 do not work with my Pixel 4. Other messaging apps work correctly (eg Hangouts, Messenger, WhatsApp)

Best Answer
0 Votes

More detail...

I use numerous messaging apps. I have a pixel 4 and Fitbit charge 3. When I install Signal app initially and configure Fitbit app to send notifications to the charge 3, I properly receive Signal notifications at my charge 3. After a few minutes, if I receive a signal notification, the notification is properly output at my phone but is no longer output at my charge 3. All other messaging apps properly send notifications to my charge 3.

The only way to fix the problem is to go into Android Settings for the Signal app and Clear Storage (Clear Cache does not fix the issue). But if I select Clear Storage, I have to reinstall my account on the Signal app every time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the info.  I spent a lot of time on chat with FitBit to fix this.... They couldn't but said it'd be escalated and I'd get an email.  

Best Answer
0 Votes