Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gps map wont load from a recent bike ride

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently used my Charge 4 on a bike ride, and I thought that I had successfully uploaded the map and associated data to my Fitbit dashboard.  Now, all I get is a gray screen with a spinning circle in the middle. Any thoughts on how to get the map to show up again?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

@MarPhoenix Hi there. Thank you for the details mentioned. 

If you're seeing this on your Fitbit app, please try the following: 

- Log out from the Fitbit app 

- Force quit it > Clear cache 

- Restart your phone 

- Log back in 

If you're seeing this on your online Dashboard, log out from it and clear cache. 

Hope this helps. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,
I followed the steps outlined; log out, clear cache, force stop, restart phone and log back in to Fitbit. This did bring the map back from the bike ride on Monday, but the gray screen and spinning red circle is now stuck on my latest activity today. (!)
I tried to repeat the steps; only the second time, after I cleared the cache, I didn’t force stop as a message box popped up saying if I did that it could cause errors.
Also. I have started to get “Bluetooth pairing requests” - I tap “pair”. This is now happening regularly.
So, I guess it didn’t really fix the problem, just moved it to a different day/activity.
Any further suggestions?
Thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarPhoenix Thank you for getting back. I appreciate the troubleshooting followed. 

The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected. 

Have a good weekend. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update:  March 28:  I finally ended up uninstalling the Fitbit app from my Galaxy S10, and then reinstalling it.  Samsung recently had an update for the S10, and every time there is an update, it affects my Fitbit app negatively in some way - usually the gps logging, map load, or stat loss related to activities using phone gps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarPhoenix Thank you for getting back. Glad to hear that after uninstalling and reinstalling the app, it started working as expected. 

Have a great week. 

Best Answer

I get this too, plus often my map on the App just shows a dot, mostly for the cycle, but when I upload the ride into my own app (fetcheveryone.com) I can see the GPS bike trail perfectly.

Clearing cache didn't help.

Best Answer
0 Votes