Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have to login to the app daily, login doesn't 'stick'.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I use the app twice per day to sync my Flex and have to login every morning because the login doesn't 'stick'. This started with the previous update and has persisted with the newest update. I have tried logging in with Google Smartlock as well as my email and password and I still have to login again every day. Very annoying!

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hi there @KindofBlues71, let me give you a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community! My first recommendation is to clear the cache and reset your phone. To learn more in depth about these steps please take a look at this post.

If the issue persists please take a look at this thread, you'll find more details about this issue.

Hope this helps and thank you for all your patience.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Thank you for the welcome! I've tried clearing the app's cache and data but the problem persists.

I'm not going to reset my phone for one app. That's not an effective solution.

I'll check out the thread you suggested. Thanks again

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KindofBlues71, I don't understand the problem with restarting your phone to correct the problem. Any time you install a new version of the Fitbit Android app you should shut down you phone and restart it to allow the app to cleanly load - it even gives you notice of that on your phone screen after the install/update. Does your phone have problems with shutting down & restarting that would prevent you from doing that?

Best Answer

Hi Larry, the suggestion was to reset my phone, not restart it. I've restarted my phone several times since the last two app updates and the problem is still there.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @KindofBlues71, I was reading your replies and I believed I should choose my words better, I wasn't referring to reset your phone to factory form. It was as @USAF-Larry said before, it is just restarting your phone and I wasn't aware you have tried already this.

Did you check the post I suggested? if the scenario is the same you are experiencing; as it say the last update, our team is already looking in to this to find the source of the issue.

The other option to try if the issues persists is to uninstall the app and reinstall it again, just make sure to sync if you are going to proceed whit this suggestion.

If I got more updates I will let you know.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes