Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have to re-login frequently after message "Unable to send message"

The android Fitbit app keeps forgetting me and I have to log back in.  After entering my credentials, I get a pop-up saying "Unable to send message.  Please try again later".  I immediately attempt to login again and it works.  This happens frequently.  

1000001509.jpg

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
110 REPLIES 110

Hi, @CozyWazHere , welcome to the community, looking at your screenshot it appears that your WiFi signal is weak. Does this happen at the same location? Try going into the Fitbit app in your phone settings Storage & Cache>clear the cache>force stop & restart your phone.

Let us know how you get on, if you have not made progress let us know the make, model & OS of your phone and which Fitbit device you are using.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I have the exact same problem. The network connectivity is flawless and the clearing the cache did not help. 

Samsung Galaxy S23+, Android 14, One UI 6.0, Fitbit app 4.08.0, Aria firmware 39.

Mike

Best Answer

@Gr4ndp4 Thanks for your input!

@CozyWazHere @Thalassos Welcome to the forums. Thanks for taking the time to report that you have to continiously log back into your account. 

I appreciate the screenshot. First time I see this pop-up message. Please make sure that your Fitbit app is up to date. What version do you currently have? We shall see if other users are experiencing the same. Thanks in advance!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

I find clearing cash has helped me. I also try cellular if I'm on WiFi, or WiFi if in cellular. 

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue Nice to see you active in the forums. Thanks for sharing your own experience and sharing what has helped you. How many times have you received this error message so far? Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

I only remember once with the new app, when there is a server issue on Fitbit's side. I get logged out. 

I will check the web at fitbit.com for if the server is down. Wait for it to come up. Then occaisionly have had issues 

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue Thanks for the swift reply. I really appreciate the details. We shall see if other users are experiencing the same. Thanks for sharing what has helped you under that situation. That will certainly help others too!

Best Answer

I'm having the exact same issue:
- 1st time log in with mail address (not google)
- "Unable to send message. Please try again later" 
- directly after this message log in again with the same mail address (not google) -> successful 

This happens to me every morning (without phone restarts in between).
Fitbit App Version: 4.0.8.0
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S23+ (SM-S916B/DS)
One UI version: 6.0
Android: 14
Kernel: 5.15.94

Tried your solution, doesn't help. 

Best Answer

I am having these same issues, with the same phone and the same version of software.

Best Answer
I've reported it to support, they are aware and looking into it 👍.

Sent from Outlook for Android<>
Best Answer

@pfvd @Jassy214  Welcome to the forums! Thanks for bringing this to our attention and the details regarding the app and smartphone.

@pfvd you have to log in every morning? That is definitely not usual. I recommend you stay in touch with support. We will also keep on monitoring the situation. As soon as I have more information, I will let you all know. Thanks for your patience!

Best Answer

Thanks 😁👍.

Almost every morning. 

Best Answer

I am having a similar issue. I constantly have to log in and it gives me 2 choices on how to. One being my Google accountand the other through Fitbit. I don't want to since it with my Google account and when I pick It it I receive the same pop up message. I just upgraded to  new Samsung Galaxy A15.  One UI 6.0, Fitbit Android version14

Best Answer

This is also happening for me several times a day. 

Best Answer

I am having the same problems.  No connection issues.  I have to log back in every morning and I get the error messages before being able to get in the next time around.  Brand new phone.  I've updated the app and the update to my watch.

Best Answer

I have been having the exact same issue for the past week or so. I just got the new samsung galaxy 24. I have never had this problem before I got this phone. I have tried clearing cache, app is up to date, restarting my phone and I still have to log in every day. If I forget to log in then it doesn't count any steps or work outs. Very irritating.

Best Answer

Hello everyone. Thanks for confirming and giving me more details. The positive side is, that the login does work inspite of the message you receive. I have forwarded the status of this situation. As soon as I have more information, I will surely get back to you. I appreciate your patience!

Best Answer

Same issue, also on Samsung phone, but s24 ultra with One UI6.1, ever since I got it (Jan 25)

Had no problem in my previous s22 ultra. 

I do find that I don't have to actually try to log in a second time, if I simply close the app when it's showing this error and then start it up, it works immediately so indeed it seems like the login does work. 

Since today unfortunately it no longer shows any steps. Restarted charge 5 twice, as well as the phone, no solution 😢

Best Answer

Sometimes, in this new forum, I have to log in 2-3 times in a single hour.

I've also seen many other complaints, therefore I'm assuming this is expected. 

Best Answer