Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have to re-login frequently after message "Unable to send message"

The android Fitbit app keeps forgetting me and I have to log back in.  After entering my credentials, I get a pop-up saying "Unable to send message.  Please try again later".  I immediately attempt to login again and it works.  This happens frequently.  

1000001509.jpg

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
100 REPLIES 100

I've been having the same problem for weeks - "unable to send message". I have a Samsung Ultra 24 and my Fitbit app version is 4.11. I've tried sone of the suggestions posted here, but the issue still persists. Once I am logged in, I sync the app and it pulls in updated info from the watch. This isn't ideal, but at least it works eventually. Open to trying other suggestions. Thank you

Best Answer

I am having the exact same problem as everyone else!

Best Answer

Hello everyone. Welcome to the newcomers!

Thanks for reaching out about this situation. Please note that this has been forwarded and Fitbit is working on a solution already. The good thing is that the login does work. If you just close the app after receiving the error message and open it again, it will let you in without logging in twice. Give it a try. If any of you is not able to log in, do let me know. Remember to keep you app updated to receive the latest changes and fixes. Thanks again for your patience!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

I am having the same problem as the others. I have a new Samsung Galaxy S24. Have to login to fitbit app twice every morning after getting the same pop-up message. Fitbit Charge 5, app version 4.11. I didn't have this problem on my previous phone Galaxy S20.

Best Answer

@MHred Welcome to the forums. Thanks for taking the time to report this. This is something affecting some users. The situation is already under investigation and Fitbit is working on a solution. I appreciate your patience!

Best Answer

For the past couple of days my Fitbit has been back to normal. That is, I am no longer required to keep logging in. Long may it continue. I dont know if anyone else is still having the issue.

Best Answer

Still having issues here. Haven't been any updates to the app for a few days either.

Did you change your account to a google account? cause it seems like those don't have problems (atleast no one here has mention they have google account).

INB4 "We are unable to fix this issue, and everyone neds to move to a google account".

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, I have not switched to a Google account.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I can't switch as it seems my Google acct already has a fitbit acct attached to it and I can't change that. Had to log in again last night to sync weather.

Get Outlook for Android<>
Best Answer
0 Votes

@MHred I am glad to read that you no longer receive the error message on the app. Thanks for letting us know. 

@Fatalicus Thanks for the status of your current situation. I ask for your patience. This is already under investigation and Fitbit is working on a solution. It seems that some users are no longer receiving the error message. The good thing is, that the login does work. 

@Maisyloco Regarding your account, I recommend you take a look at the following article: Why can’t I move Fitbit to my Google Account?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue, exactly as described by everyone else. I have not moved to my Google account and absolutely do NOT want to, as I have issues with another app that I want to change default pay type on ("change in Google subscriptions" but it's not listed there in order to change it - I don't want the same thing to happen with Fitbit account). My phone is a new S24, just set up Friday, also on a new carrier. 

Additional info I haven't seen anyone else report: The previous app login is also listed under Authorized Devices, along with an entry for "web"- something. I've tried revoking access for just the old logins, and also for all logins. That did not help either. I would think that previously existing "authorization" would mean I shouldn't have to log in again on the same device. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having same issue.  Is there a resolution yet?

Best Answer

@Fly172girl @KaiMoriah Thanks for your post about the login situation. This is affecting several users. Please keep your app updated. This has been reported  already and Fitbit is working on a solution. I appreciate your patience!

Best Answer

I too have this issue. It started when I got my new Samsung S24+.  I have no problem with the fitbit app on my Note20. I have to login every day or so. The first time I attempt to login I get  "unable to send message" error. I close the app and try again and can get it. I do not stay logged in like before and have to re-login every couple of days. I have done the clear cache, force stop, and power off and back on, which was unsuccessful. 

Best Answer

@rrreuter Welcome to the forums. Thanks for the explanation. The trend is Samsung devices and the S24 and S23 specifically. I appreciate you taking the time to share your own experience and what you have tried. The good thing is that the login does work. I reported this already and Fitbit is working on a solution. I really appreciate your patience regarding this matter. As soon as I have more information, I will let you know. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I got so tired of relogging in that I created a new gmail account which I DID NOT want to do. I should have been able to use my current gmail account with fitbit and merge both accounts but that is not an option.
Best Answer

@Maisyloco Thanks for your reply. Did you face difficulties trying to merge the accounts? Did you get an error message? There is indeed a way to merge them: How do I move Fitbit to my Google Account?

Are you saying, since you created a new account, the error message no longer pops up? Thanks in advance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
It kept telling me that gmail was connected to a different fitbit account and to create a new gmail account. I've tried the merging thing before and it wasn't working.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Samsung s24 ultra and have this issue, I also had this issue previously with my note 20 ultra. It's frustrating to be paying for premium service and have to go through the hassle of logging in every time, then get an error, then logging in again and it works. My wifi works great, I've cleared the cache, forced stop, restarted my phone and still having the issue! This has been going on for several months, why hasn't fit it fixed this issue? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the update. Have a great weekend.

Best Answer
0 Votes