Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have to re-login frequently after message "Unable to send message"

The android Fitbit app keeps forgetting me and I have to log back in.  After entering my credentials, I get a pop-up saying "Unable to send message.  Please try again later".  I immediately attempt to login again and it works.  This happens frequently.  

1000001509.jpg

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
100 REPLIES 100

Andrea:

• Your phone model. Samsung Galaxy S24+ (SM-S926U)
  • Current Android version. 14
  • Do you use more than one device to log in? Which devices? No
Best Answer

@rrreuter @Maisyloco Thanks for your reply and the information. 

@Maisyloco This is how you find the Android Version. Most likely your S24 is running on Android 14. Open the Settings app, tap on the Search icon and type "Software information". Tap Software information again. The Android version that your phone is running will be displayed. Thanks in advance. 

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

So, i got the app to work as it should now, though i'm not sure why, since i've tried this before.

I went in to app settings and the fitbit app, then chose clear data there.
Then i uninstalled the entire app from the google store, and immediatly reinstalled it.

When i logged in to the fitbit app after installing it, it did not give me the "unable to send message" error, and the app keeps the sign in active when the app restarts.

There was a bit of trouble with the app taking a long time to load immediatly after doing this, but that went away after an hour or so.

So now everything looks like it works here.

Best Answer

My phone stopped logging out every day, but still often enough to be annoying. I'm too lazy to keep track of when/why. 

Best Answer

Samsung S24 Ultra

Android version 14

One UI 6.1

Only logging in from this one device

Best Answer

@Fatalicus Thanks for the reply and what helped you out with this situation. I am glad it is working as expected for you. 

@a2zfuller Thanks for the information. Do you still receive the "unable to send message" pop up when it happens? Thanks in advance. 

@67Healey Thanks for the information. I have documented this accordingly. 

As soon as I have more information, I will let you know. Thanks for your cooperation. 

Best Answer

Yes, exactly the same, just not every day. It happened this morning. When I went to bed it was logged in, when I woke up it wasn't. It only happens to my phone at night for some reason.

Best Answer

@a2zfuller Thanks for the confirmation. I have documented this accordingly. As soon as I have more information, I will let you know. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Samsung S24, Android version 14, Fitbit version 4.14 and I only use this device to login.

My mom has a Samsung A15, Android version 14, Fitbit version 4.14 and she only uses this device to login as well

Best Answer

@Walaau Thanks for the reply and the details. I will document this and let you know once I have more information. I appreciate your patience!

Best Answer

One device logged in. Samsung Z Flip 5

Best Answer

@Fly172girl Thank you very much for the requested information. This will definitely help us further. 

Hello everyone, please note that the Fitbit Team continues to investigate this bug. Please update to the newest Fitbit App release since this will help us with identifying the root cause of the issue so we can fix the bug. Thanks again!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Was logged out after the update and got "unable to send message..." Worked the second time around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am using app version 4.14 and it is still happening. This app is my only login, and the frequent log outs with the "can't send this message..." happen despite my clearing the cache. My phone is an unlocked S24 Ultra, Android 14 , 6.1

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here.  And now my fitbit wont sync

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RodrigoMFitbit @AndreaFitbit 

While I can appreciate your monitoring & replying in this thread, it would be nice if we can actually get some sort of resolution to this issue. I work in the software industry, so I know that not everything is a "quick fix" - BUT - this thread has been opened now for THREE MONTHS, with more users experiencing exactly the same issue, and all are reporting the exact same hardware (Samsung S24) Android environment (14). Surely with it being so definitive, it should be very easy to replicate the issue internally for Fitbit to resolve. 
I can guess that it is not just being reported through the community either - there must be additional support tickets that have been created.

And an additional follow on problem, is that unless you always try to keep the app logged in, you do NOT receive any low battery warnings for your Sense. Ask me how I know - and it hasn't happened just once 😞

I can't imagine that if James Park had this issue with his S24 it would take this long for a resolution.

I hope Fitbit can raise the priority of this issue, quickly.

Best Answer

Any updates yet? This situation is still unresolved. So frustrating!  Having to re-log in almost every morning.  Ever since I got my new s24 ultra. Never an issue with s22 ultra.  I've tried all the fixes, except for clearing all my data, which I would like to avoid.  I check back to forum for any resolutions,  but nothing. People still having same issue. Fitbit, please FIX!

Best Answer

Hello everyone. Thanks for your posts about the login situation with the Fitbit app.

Please note that our team in charge of the Fitbit app is looking into this situation. As soon as I have more information about this, I will surely let you know. I really appreciate your patience regarding this matter. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have just started having this problem too. I have just switched to a Samsung S22. I am on Android 14 and fitbit 4.14. So fully up to date. Its frustrating that every time I want to use the app I have to login again. Especially as I need to use the app for the step count as I can't read my Inspire HR outdoors if it's bright.

Any news on when the bug fix will be released?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is this issue with logging into the fitbit app. 

Or logging in to this community and Fitbit.com

Sometimes I have to log into the community 5-6 times a day. As for the app, the only time i have toyolog in is when the App can not contact the server 

Best Answer
0 Votes