Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How I got my new LG Stylo 4 w/ Oreo 8.1 to finally sync w/ Versa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Lots of threads about problems w/ syncing Oreo 8.1 phones....some resolved w/ updates many have not.  My new LG Stylo 4 would not sync and Fitbit support could not help, I tried the standard sync suggestions but no luck.  I finally found a sequence that worked and has continued to work well the last few days so thought I would post in case it helps anyone w/ ongoing Android Oreo issues:

1.  Uninstall the Fitbit app on the phone.

2. Restart the Versa

3. Turn off bluetooth on the phone

4.  Install the Fitbit app.

5.  BEFORE opening the app go into the Android Settings and update the App Notification options for the Fitbit app to turn on Location Permissions for the Fitbit app.

6.  Open the Fitbit app, tell it to start the phone bluetooth to connect.

I found only doing it in the order, and only those things worked and has continued to work well since.  Hopefully it will help a subset of users ....was very frustrated w/ Fitbit support and their "device compatibility" excuse

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Thanks for sharing your method @jmess

It's nice to see it's worked for you and I'm glad to see someone else who writes down the steps like I do. It works to take notes.

Keep on stepping!

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay so I was just so frustrated that my Versa was not sync'ing with my new LG Stylo 4 that I just bought yesterday...I was fixing to try what you described.  I had not even done anything and low and behold the silly devices decided to start talking to each other.  I guess they went out and had a few drinks and decided to friend each other...now I am afraid to even move scared they might decide to "unfriend" each other lol...

Best Answer

Im so new to this what is the versa. 😔😔

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Stylo 4 and it won't pair I can't find out if it's compatible with there anything I can do to repair it are you even have to pair it to the internet

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Ramurray

The Versa is a Fitbit.

Which Fitbit do you have?

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

is this just for the steps etc syncing or for texting and notifications as well??

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked perfectly!  Thank you so much!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank You So Super much for this! Although, I do not have a Versa I used this with the Charge 2 and the Stylo 4 phone.  The only part I had to change from your directions was allowing permissions for the fitbit everywhere I could find a way to give it permission.  I had to look in mulitiple areas after going to general but all within the general tab ...if that makes sense. Anyway, it's working now!  Yay! p.s.  I agree with you Fitbit company wasn't of any help in this area.

Best Answer

Does it get the texting and calls to work?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did it the texting and calls to work

Best Answer
0 Votes