Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I disable hourly activity?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The last thread for this is outdated and does not apply anymore.  

I want to disable the hourly activity but on the dashboard there is NO REMINDER BUTTON to move from on to off.  There is only a trash can to delete it from the dashboard.  But that doesn't disable it.  It is annoying to get the notification every hour since I stopped following that.

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Crazyal01 

You can also disable the reminders on the settings page on the web.  Click on your device, then REMINDERS TO MOVE and toggle the Reminders switch to off.

gdio53_0-1711915391570.png

Hello @Crazyal01 

@gdio53provided the instructions on how to disable the hourly reminders from the website.

You can also disable the reminders from the Fitbit app:

• Tap on the device icon in the upper left of the Today page
  • Tap on the tile with the picture of your Fitbit device
  • Under Settings, tap on Reminders to Move
  • On the next page, disable Get reminders

(I've added these instructions for the users who might be reading this thread and are looking to learn how to disable the reminders.)

Gary D.| Feeding Hills, MA MBG PE

Charge HR, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire 2, Charge 4, Charge 5, Pixel Watch 2

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

@Crazyal01   Please tap on your Hourly Activity tile.  You should see your Hourly Activity history.  Please tap on the gear icon in the upper right to get to the screen where you can toggle it Off.  Press Done (in the upper right).

Fitbit is working on updating many screens to make the app more consistent from page to page.  I have v. 4.13 of the Fitbit app on my iPhone.  This is the current app version, so these steps should work for you.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Yes I did and the only option it gives me is to change the START or END times or the TRASH to remove it from the dashboard,  but there is no option to turn it off.  Believe me I searched.  I also did check thru google who all said the same but there is NO ON or OFF or disable/enable or any other choice.

FYI,, I have a Versa 2, don't know if that helps

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is what I see with iOS app v4.11 ... $fitbit32.jpg

Best Answer

@Crazyal01  Can you add screenshot?  A picture is worth a thousand words.

It doesn't matter what model Fitbit your use.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

Absolutely.  Excellent idea.  OK so not sure how this will appear in the post but a step by step of my screenshot for you.  It's one picture I uploaded of 3 cropped screenshots.  The top one is the image of the hourly as I progress.  the middle one is when I click the little gear wheel (settings) found below that panel (can be seen just at the bottom left of the first image, sorry I cut it partially).  The third image is what I get if I click the trash can at the top right of the 2nd picture.  As you can see in the second image (middle one) I have ONLY the trash, CANCEL, and SAVE.  Unless I am in the incorrect location to remedy this issue, I don't see anywhere else to make the change.  Evidently, in the photo above, it appears Apple/IOS has a different dashboard than the Android app.

Thank you btw for all your efforts

On a side note, this website really does not work very well.  I clicked preview to see what this message would look like and all I get is a blank page.  I also placed the checkmark to email me when anyone responds to these messages/thread and have YET to receive any notifications (no, no spam filter blocking any messages).  It's only from keeping this page open and refreshing it each day that I am made aware of any replies.  Not to sound skeptical but, I am honestly wondering if Fitbit has gotten better or worse since Google acquired it.

Fitbit Screenshot.jpg

Best Answer

@Crazyal01   I think your three pictures are worth 3,000 words.  But I'll keep it brief.  You posted your question in the iOS app forum, but your screenshots are from the web dashboard.  @mcw53's screenshot is from the iOS app.  Mine is identical.  It might look different from the Android app, if that's what you use.  The important thing is you must make this change from your mobile app.

If you click on that pink Remove in the third screenshot, it only removes the tile from your web dashboard.  It doesn't turn the feature off.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

OH DARN!  I just noticed!  You are right.  ARGH, I am in the wrong group.  My sincere apologies.  I did not notice I was in the IOS group.  Is there a way I can move this thread to Android?

on a side note, yes I took a look in the App and there is no option to disable either.

Best Answer

@Crazyal01I can move it for you.  Consider it done.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

Thank you so much!!  I had reposted it in the Android group and then saw you offered to move it!  You are too quick for me hahaha!  I already reported to moderator to remove the other duplicate.  Let's keep this thread since it has multiple replies so far.  Thank you

Best Answer

@Crazyal01 

You can also disable the reminders on the settings page on the web.  Click on your device, then REMINDERS TO MOVE and toggle the Reminders switch to off.

gdio53_0-1711915391570.png

Hello @Crazyal01 

@gdio53provided the instructions on how to disable the hourly reminders from the website.

You can also disable the reminders from the Fitbit app:

• Tap on the device icon in the upper left of the Today page
  • Tap on the tile with the picture of your Fitbit device
  • Under Settings, tap on Reminders to Move
  • On the next page, disable Get reminders

(I've added these instructions for the users who might be reading this thread and are looking to learn how to disable the reminders.)

Gary D.| Feeding Hills, MA MBG PE

Charge HR, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire 2, Charge 4, Charge 5, Pixel Watch 2

Best Answer

OMG FOUND IT!!!!   OMG! OMG! OMG!!!!!   TY TY!  Ok so small thing to add, when you go into settings, you then need to go into VERSA SETTINGS....so it's like 2 settings level.  Then in there u can disable it.  

Small note, I did it through the web interface and about 30 minutes later I did check on the app using the above instructions, and in the app it was STILL ON, even though on the web interface it was disabled.

Anyhow, to all who did assist, TYSM!  I disabled it on the web interface.  Let's see if tomorrow I am pestered or left alone, lol, regarding the hourly reminders.  if I get no reminders tomorrow, I will mark this as best answer!

Thank you again!!

Best Answer

Hi @Crazyal01 

Thanks for letting us know that you found the correct setting and have turned it off.

I find it interesting that you turned off the setting from the website, but still had to turn it off in the app. It sounds like turning it off (or on) via the Fitbit app is probably the best way to go. 😉

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer

@RiekoC @gdio53 @LZeeW @mcw53 Thank you very much for your help regarding this matter and for moving this conversation to the appropriate board. Much appreciated. 

@Crazyal01 Nice to see you in the forums again. Thanks for your post about the hourly activity reminder. I am glad to read that everything is solved now. This post will definitely help out other users with the same questions. Thanks again!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer