Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I install and use the Android Fitbit app?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Suddenly Fitbit discontinued use of Fitbit application on Windows computers. I have been using the application for 4 years.  No advanced warning or recommended alternative was given to me.  I called Fitbit Technical Support and was told I could use my cell phone.  The Fitbit application on my cell phone shows a blue dot for 250 steps.   It does not compute the total steps per day per week.  I was told to use Twitter?  I don't know anything about Twitter.  What should I do?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Hi @KCav  it might take some getting used to, but you can do it. We're here to help. If the app is a bit confusing, give it some time and explore it. You can still see some things on the computer's dashboard, including your daily steps. As for the smartphone app, which system do you have? I'm on Android. I don't use Twitter for anything. 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Odyssey13,  I use Android version 12, software version G820TM40a, Hardware G8 ThinQ,  LM-G820TM

KCav45

Best Answer

@KCav  on my app, when I click to go to it, it shows Today. At the top it shows my accumulated steps for today. Want to see your steps for the week? Just tap on the big circle that has your daily steps and it changes to a window showing you all your daily steps for the week. Hit the arrow to go back to your main screen of the dashboard. If I scroll down, I can see how many times I've made the 250 steps per hour goal.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I would like to try your app.

KCav45
Best Answer
0 Votes

@KCav  go to the Google Play Store and download the Fitbit official app. That is what I did.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have it installed on my cell phone. I will try using it when I go for my
walk today.

Ken
Best Answer
0 Votes

I could not find how to unsubscribe form free trial of StepsApp Pro. I would like to try StapsApp,  This is what Customer Service said. "Free trial: If StepsApp offers a free trial and the Licensee decides to unsubscribe from a subscription before he gets charged, he may cancel the subscription before the free trial ends."

KCav

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KCav  you need the Fitbit app to use your device properly on a smartphone. As for other apps, you'd have to ask them.

here are the support contacts I've gleaned over the years on the forums.

when there is someone available, chat is an option. Phone or Twitter works well, too.

https://myhelp.fitbit.com/s/support?language=en_US 

Support is limited by the number of representatives available at a given time and the hours of operation. Chat lines are open when they have live help.
USA: call (877) 623-4997
UK: call 0800 069 8505
INDIA: call 000 800 050 1057
IRELAND: call 01 691 7502 (country prefix: +353)
Other contact options:

USA: click

Canada: click for options

Best Answer

Hi there, @KCav@Odyssey13 Thanks for taking the time to help our friend.

@KCav I've moved your post to the Android App board to keep the forums organized. Thanks for the details provided, and your efforts while working on this. Before anything else, let me explain the Fitbit app can be installed on any phone that meets the compatibility requirements for free. For instructions on how to install the official Fitbit app, please click here.

In regards to the StepsApp, I'd suggest getting in touch with them directly in order to receive assistance.

Best Answer