Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does the challenging friends works?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

I am not yet a Fitbit user (will get my first the upcoming month, currently using the Android app). So how does it work to challenge friends? I see it works with Facebook account, but what if I don't want to connect facebook? What if I want to join the challenge groups - can't I just challenge a user from there, without linking a Facebook account?

So I imagine I have to join one of the challenge groups first, then what? Will it show the group on my Android app? Please give some details and excuse if I am somewhat off-topic here, but still I ask specifically for the Android app.

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @StrayFeral,

There are two ways to interpret that (since you're using the term 'challenge' and 'group'):

First, there are groups here in Fitbit and they typically have common themes, like hikers in a particular city or "[Name your company] Employees", etc.  You're welcome to search and join any of these groups and each of these have a common leaderboard for different stats and you can track that in different spans of time.

There are also challenges (like the Workweek Hustle challenge, Mon-Fri).  In cases like this one person invites their friends to participate (and their friends can invite their friends, etc).  These currently have a limit of 10 people.  You can start one from the Fitbit App, just invite your friends.

As to how to find more people to friend on Fitbit, there are plenty of threads of people looking for new friends on Fitbit, though these are normally in the discussion section.  If you see someone you'd like to friend here in the forums:

1. Click on their nickname on the post (in my case 'PureEvil').
  2. On the next page, click on the 'Go to fitbit.com profile'.
  3. On their profile page, click on the 'Friend' button.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @StrayFeral,

Challenges work with the folks you have friended on Fitbit, not (necessarily) with your friends from Facebook.  When you install the Fitbit App, it will (unless you revoke it) have access to your contacts.  From within the Fitbit App, you can search for friends and if any of them use a Fitbit (or more precisely use the same e-mail with Fitbit), they'll show up.

I use a different e-mail address with Fitbit than I use with my friends, so I don't normally show up for them.  You can easily have them friend you:

1. Go to your dashboard.
  2. Click on your picture (top right), this will take you to your profile page.
  3. Copy the URL to that page (it's unique to you) and send it to your friends.  They can friend you from there.

After that you can invite each other to challenges.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Best Answer
0 Votes

@PureEvil thank you, but my actual question was how can I befriend and challenge total strangers from the challenge groups? Do I have to add them to my phone contacts?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @StrayFeral,

There are two ways to interpret that (since you're using the term 'challenge' and 'group'):

First, there are groups here in Fitbit and they typically have common themes, like hikers in a particular city or "[Name your company] Employees", etc.  You're welcome to search and join any of these groups and each of these have a common leaderboard for different stats and you can track that in different spans of time.

There are also challenges (like the Workweek Hustle challenge, Mon-Fri).  In cases like this one person invites their friends to participate (and their friends can invite their friends, etc).  These currently have a limit of 10 people.  You can start one from the Fitbit App, just invite your friends.

As to how to find more people to friend on Fitbit, there are plenty of threads of people looking for new friends on Fitbit, though these are normally in the discussion section.  If you see someone you'd like to friend here in the forums:

1. Click on their nickname on the post (in my case 'PureEvil').
  2. On the next page, click on the 'Go to fitbit.com profile'.
  3. On their profile page, click on the 'Friend' button.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

@PureEvil thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes