Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add friends from the Forums?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

@YojanaFitbit 

How do we connect with the people here on this forum and ask them to become friends.  Before we would go to the person Fitbit profiles and press the green button to accept someone to be friends.  The option is eliminated here on the website. If you go to the app what do we enter.  It come up with an error message under username.  We don't have access to their personal E-mail to ask to be a friend.  What are we to do? Please advise. Thanks. Luis_V

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject 

https://link.stridekick.com/join?groupCode=5R4GNQ - Copy & Paste Link to join The Challenge, check previous Stridekick Group chat for future posts. Posted Aug 10, 2023 - (8K a Day, 31 Days, Target Goals is 250K). (❁´◡`❁)
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Luis_V, Thank you so much for your reply and for the details provided about this situation. 

Based on what you mentioned, the mistake here is that you are trying to send a friend request more than once per user. If you have already sent a friend request to one of the usernames that you have from your friends, the system is not going to allow you to send another request. Let's wait until your friend accepts the request.

You will know that they have already accepted once you receive a notification. You can check this by looking at the envelope in the upper right corner of your Today tab.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Luis_V, It is good to see you around!

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I would like to inform you that the Fitbit website is no longer used to connect with your friends. If you want to add your friends on the Fitbit app, you will have three options: adding them through your contacts, using their email address, or using their username. If the username is not working, please try one of the other options.

Keep in mind that the username that is used in the Fitbit Forums is not the same as the on you use in the Fitbit app.

Best Answer

Hi @EstuardoFitbit   thanks for your follow up answer.

on an Android phone

I did as state I opened the Fitbit App; I press the Community tab on the bottom, I press the FRIENDS tab on the top center of the screen, I press the round teals plus person icon, In Friend Finder I proceeded and press the USERNAME on the top right.  Enter the username from the app or I would get their name from pressing the hyperlink Go to Fitbit.com profile which in turn would give me their username same as the Fitbit App.  In the Teal person line I would enter their username and press the teal square plus person.  I would get popup message saying. Send Invite? Press OK.  I would get this message saying Failed to send Friend request [URL https://android-cdn-api.fitbit.com/1.1/user/-/friends/invitations] I press the OK icon and it would return me back to the Friend Finder area again. Deja vu.  Please advise, if I'm doing something wrong.  Thanks, again Luis_V

Moderator edit: Formatting 

https://link.stridekick.com/join?groupCode=5R4GNQ - Copy & Paste Link to join The Challenge, check previous Stridekick Group chat for future posts. Posted Aug 10, 2023 - (8K a Day, 31 Days, Target Goals is 250K). (❁´◡`❁)
Best Answer

Hi @Luis_V, Thank you so much for your reply and for the details provided about this situation. 

Based on what you mentioned, the mistake here is that you are trying to send a friend request more than once per user. If you have already sent a friend request to one of the usernames that you have from your friends, the system is not going to allow you to send another request. Let's wait until your friend accepts the request.

You will know that they have already accepted once you receive a notification. You can check this by looking at the envelope in the upper right corner of your Today tab.

Best Answer

Hi @EstuardoFitbit   You are great.  10 out of 10 stars.   I appreciate you. Thank you so much 👍

Luis_V

Best Answer

@Luis_V, I'm so happy to hear that you've found the answer you were looking for! It's wonderful to have you as a member of our community, and I can't wait to see you continue to engage and live an active lifestyle with Fitbit. Your presence and contributions mean a lot to us, and we're here to support you every step of the way.

Best Answer