Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change time to daylight savings time on Fitbit Charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do you change from standard to daylight savings time?  There's no entry for  central daylight time, which is what I need.  I thought it would have changed automatically but it didn't.  Thanks 

Best Answer
71 REPLIES 71

I have the same problem and cant figure out how to sort it either . I hope someone can help us find a solution . 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Holl wrote:

My fitbit didn't switch to daylight savings time!  How do I do that?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Fitbit Surge and it updated the next Sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit did NOT update the time to day light savings. I have done a "sink" several times and it still will not update. Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sounds to me like you might have an issue with the watch so I would go  directly to FItbit and call them at

1 (877) 623-4997

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had my charge 2 plugged in charging overnight by accident as I forgot it was charging. The charge 2 itself updated to the correct time on it’s own. My issue is with the app on my iPhone 5s. It’s not registered the time change fully. Some bits like the heart rate tracker think they are an hour behind. It’s actually 9pm but it says its 8

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you change your fitbit back 1 hour?

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you change Fitbit charge 2 for time change

Best Answer
0 Votes

Make sure your time is set to a location that handles the DST the way your local time does. 

At 2pm the watch will switch to 3am

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yay!  This worked, thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

So right now I’m setting my Fitbit with an alarm for 6:00 a.m. (when I wake up) to see if it will automatically reset to daylight savings time. I will give results. Check my next post.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So last night I set an alarm for 6:00, but since it was daylight savings time tomorrow, I didn’t know if the Fitbit would switch to daylight savings time. I had faith because it had switched when daylight savings time had ended, so I just trusted it. In the morning it rung my alarm for 6 at 6 daylight savings time, so it will switch automatically.

Best Answer
0 Votes

fitbit did not recognize daylight savings time. It carried over my steps from sunday to monday. how to fix?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why can't Fitbit get their S... together? I have trouble every time i travel and change time zones AND every time Daylight Saving Time starts or stops. I am just one hair from throwing my Fitbit in the trash!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same problem. They said to plug in your charger to a sub port, then hold down the button for 4 seconds. That didn’t work for me. Waiting for another reply,

Best Answer
0 Votes

Correct Time Zone updated mine correctly! Woohoo! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No three lined "hamburger" menu appears anywhere in my app. Foound the time settings and all is correct. Fitbit app claims to have sync'd when forced - steps are updated but time is not and on the device page is says that last sync was days ago. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree! Fitbit needs to get their **ahem** together.  I travel a lot and my fitbit does not update to the time zone I am in. They gave me instructions on how to make it update but the don't workSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

A friend noticed that if your phone and fitbit are linked for phone call alerts, the fitbit will update properly if you RECEIVE a phone call. Kinda dumb and inconvenient, but it seems to work.

Best Answer
0 Votes
How do I link phone and Fitbit??Will the daily steps then reset itself so it is accurate for today?Thanks.
Best Answer
0 Votes