Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to force Android app update?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

According to this link

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2025/?q=latest+app+update&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1...

there is an updated app available. Smiley Happy

My wife's Versa has the new version 2.86 of the app on her phone (we both have the exact same phone).

My phone has version 2.85. When I go to the Google Play Store, it does show that there was an update January 25, 2019, but it says I am up to date.  I deleted my version 2.85 and had the play store install the supposed new version.  Of course, version 2.85 was installed.

Is there some place on the Fitbit web site to get the new version 2.86?

I have about had enough of my C3 for having to fix syncing a few times every day.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
@AlessFitbit wrote:

We released the Fitbit for Android app 2.86 to all users this morning. Please check the Google play store so you can download the latest version.

Best,

Alessandra

Yea, it updated for me.

It is also good to know the app is release in stages.

THANKS!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

It's nice to see you around here @BumpyRoad! Thanks for the detailed information and for sharing the link about the new Fitbit app update. 

If you're still not getting the newest Fitbit app, I'd recommend doing the following:

• Log out of your Fitbit app
  • Force quit the app
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • Log back into your Fitbit app

I've moved your post to the Android app board as there are more chances to get related replies here. 

Hope this helps, let me know the outcome! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarreFitbit  I too have not been offered the Fitbit app version 2.86 from the Google Play Store (5 days since pinned post indicates release available).  I tried your recommended steps.  Nothing.  The Play Store still indicates that my app is up to date at version 2.85.  I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 (compatible) running Android 8.0 (compatible), Fitbit app version 2.85, Versa firmware 32.33.1.30 (updated).

I have never been able to push an app update to my phone.  Is this Cellular Provider dependent?

Kathy | USA
Versa SE, Charge 2, Samsung Galaxy S10+
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for jumping in here @kcronin! Also, thanks for following the tips and recommendations provided above. If version 2.86 is not yet available on Play Store, please sync your tracker to the Fitbit app and they try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Hope this lets you to download the newest version. Smiley Very Happy

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I followed you instructions (I do know how to force stop).

The phone was off for 10 minutes while making coffee, turned on BT and waited for 3 minutes... no joy.

Thanks anyway.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BumpyRoad wrote:

I followed you instructions (I do know how to force stop).

The phone was off for 10 minutes while making coffee, turned on BT and waited for 3 minutes... no joy.

Thanks anyway.

Here's what I did just now to get the prompt for the new version:

Force Stop and clear cache in Fitbit app.

Force Stop and clear cache in Google Play Store.

Go to Google Play Store.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for following the tips and recommendations provided @kcronin! Would you mind trying what @VeganDan shares with you? 

Give this a shot and let us know the outcome! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@VeganDan, @MarreFitbit  This did work for me with the added caveate that I needed to close the Fitbit app (normally open and locked on my phone) to get the update to install. Seems clearing the cache is a critical step. Now to test the "Bug Fixes" to see if my Connected GPS works better. It's never really disclosed what the details of those pesky "Bug fixes and Performance Improvements" includes.  Always a surprise to test. 

Kathy | USA
Versa SE, Charge 2, Samsung Galaxy S10+
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for letting us know that this worked for you @kcronin! I'd like to give thanks for the feedback you've provided towards our product. Rest assured that our engineers and product development team use this information to further improve our products and services which lead us to release new Fitbit trackers. 

Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback. 

Let us know if you need further assistance! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
@AlessFitbit wrote:

We released the Fitbit for Android app 2.86 to all users this morning. Please check the Google play store so you can download the latest version.

Best,

Alessandra

Yea, it updated for me.

It is also good to know the app is release in stages.

THANKS!

Best Answer