Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to save internet data on my Android

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit Charge 3 syncs with the latest 3.10.1 android mobile Fitbit app.  Last month the app used 15MB of data.  This month is drastically higher with 334 MB of data and I haven't changed any options.  Why is the app using so much data?  There needs to be a way to restrict mobile data access.  I do not have unlimited data.  This is unacceaptable and I need a way to prevent this from costing me money for no reason.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Nice to see that you're digging into the forums @KevinKy, welcome.

Thanks for the feedback, it's very important for us to have your thoughts in regards our Fitbit app. Fitbit is always trying to provide great products and customer experience. We don't want to create frustration in our customers. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts.

Fitbit trackers and watches use Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) technology to sync throughout the day. For best results and to save internet data, keep "All-Day Sync" turned off and turn off Bluetooth as well. Whenever you need to connect with the Fitbit app you can turn them back on. This will also save battery on the phone. If you want, you can turn Bluetooth back on once you have closed the Fitbit app.   

I was also making some research and was able to find this idea:

Please cast a vote for this idea to show support for it. We're always interested in ways to improve the product! For anything else you would like to see implemented in this feature for the future, consider visiting our Feature Suggestions board. Look under the label "Mobile app" for existing ideas that might match your own and vote!  

By the way, I’ve moved your post to the Android App board to have a better chance to get the correct response for your inquiry.

Thank your for your understanding and let me know if you have questions about this.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer