Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up my LG G6 phone to be "the" step counter.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Thank you for your help.

I wish to have my LG G6 phone to be my fitness (fitbit) device. How can I sinc my phone's motion / step counter to the fit bit app I have installed?  I need this app to show my employee health/fitness activity to help lower the medical benefit costs.  The LG health app on my phone will / does count my steps, so I know it is not the phone sensor.

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

LZeeW,

Thank you for your reply and conformation of what I found on the web site.  It is good to have another set of eyes to make sure I did not miss anything to have my phone connect with FitBit.

Again, Thank you.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @David0155 and congratulations on working to stay healthy and lower your medical benefit costs. In order to use your LG G6 as a Fitbit device, you have to install Mobile Track. Tap here for details. 

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply, but no go. or better said no choice.

Your reply sent me here:

How do I get MobileTrack?

To get started, download the Fitbit app from the Apple App Store, Google Play Store, or Microsoft Store, and tap Join Fitbit. When asked which tracker you're setting up, choose "No Fitbit Yet?" and follow the MobileTrack instructions.

If you already have a Fitbit account, log into the app and tap or click the Account icon (User-added image). Choose the option for setting up a new device and follow the MobileTrack instructions.

I do have an account, I pressed the Account icon (User-added image). But was not given a choice to set up my mobile phone LG G6 version when looking under the "Set up a Device" / new device set-up.

Do you have an LG G6 phone as practical experience?  

I'm finding Fitbit, as well as other sites falling upon the experience of their users other than a tech with the company that I can call.  I'm finding that company expectations are high that their programing is user intuitive, but I see that this is not the case.

I know you are helping, and I thank you for that. Very much.

I'm just not finding a solution at this time for my mobile phone being a step counting device.

Thank you

David

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @David0155 . As you guessed, no, I do not have an LG G6 phone. Please try contacting Support since the Help page was not helpful in your case. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@David0155   Sadly, the LG G6 does not support Mobile Track.  I check the feature availability of several of the LG Supported Devices.  It doesn't look like any of the LG phones support Mobile Track.  

This is why the option doesn't appear when you go to the Set Up a Device option.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

LZeeW,

Thank you for your reply and conformation of what I found on the web site.  It is good to have another set of eyes to make sure I did not miss anything to have my phone connect with FitBit.

Again, Thank you.

Best Answer

Carol-B,

Thank you for your support in finding a solution to why my phone was/is not compatible with FitBit app.

Best Answer
0 Votes