Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei P20 lite compatibility

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When will the Huawei P20 Lite be compatible with the Fitbit Alta?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity

Best Answer
38 REPLIES 38
I mean, by sync now in settings. But I tried to uninstall and install again
and now the app does not recognize the device. What can I do? 😥
Best Answer
0 Votes

@ZAyZAy wrote:
I mean, by sync now in settings. But I tried to uninstall and install again
and now the app does not recognize the device. What can I do? 😥

Logout of the app or clear data of the fitbit app in your phone's settings/apps/storage/clear data. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My app doesn't work at all after I done the uninstall/ reinstalling, not
happy at all.

Update: 

I have tried everything, Fitbit say that the app isn't supported for use
with my phone,that the phone is to new, the app won't ever connect too the
birds anymore... 😪 Sad times, can't get text or call notification, wish I
had purchased s different brand but been a Fitbit user for year. 😪

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyine and thank you for your comments about the difficulties you have found using the Huawei P 20 lite phone with Fitbit Versa and other trackers.

Note that some of your posts were relocated to the Android board, as the topic aling more with this help forum.

Going back to the main concern, Fitbit is compatible with more than 200 of the most popular Android, iOS and Windows mobile devices. The full list of compatible devices with confirmed compatibility can be found at fitbit.com/devices.

If a device isn’t listed it doesn’t mean it won’t work with a Fitbit tracker or smartwatch. We routinely test new devices to ensure full compatibility with Fitbit devices and the Fitbit App, and are constantly working to confirm compatibility with new phone models. A majority of Android phones running version 4.4 or higher will work with our products, however we cannot guarantee optimal performance on devices for which we have not tested and confirmed compatibility.

If you are having troubles to sync or setting upr your trackers / Versa Watch review this help articles and make sure of running the latest app version for Android:

Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Why can't I set up my Fitbit device?

For more details about compatibility, check this article: Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

See you later and thanks for all your feedback.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It really sucks. Fitbit seems to be mostly for IPhones. Wish I had known

@2fst2ctch wrote:

This sucks. I just purchased the Huawei SE and was starting to get annoyed as to why the fitbit app wouldn't detect my flex 2. 

So none of their phones work with fitbit? what a shame.

before purchasing Fitbit. 

Best Answer

I have Huawei p20 lite, and Fitbit Alta HR, i have zero problems.

Everything works, bit slow i agree, but it syncs background with All-Day sync enabled.

Also have enabled Always Connected and Keep-Alive Widget from options.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am very disappointed that the Huawei P20 lite is not compatible with the new fitbit versa. It works well just can't receive notifications on the versa. Won't show incoming phone calls or messages. 

When will this come right and be a compatible device?

Best Answer

I have the same problem, why can't the fitbit charge 2 not receive calls and messages?

It does syncronize but dont receive calls or messages.

Best Answer

Just a guess. They don't sell Chinese Huawei in the USA. So  maybe Fitbit does not care. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found this thread very helpfull. Solved my syncing right away: 

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Ionic/Huawei-P20-compatibility-with-Fitbit-Ionic/td-p/2646216 

Appartently Huawei manages the battery consumption of apps automatically, after I turned the fitbit app to manual (always on it is working excellently)

Best Answer
0 Votes

All these common words that are going from the Fitbit support team look really cynic. Could you please tell exactly what is going on with the Huawei P20 Lite support?

Best Answer

Probably I have found a solution for fixing a synchronization problem. I had an issue with connecting of my Fitbit Ionic to Huawei P20 Lite. Once they stopped sync, there was no way to pair them back. The official instructions and troubleshooting did not work. I tried everything: turning Bluetooth off the back on, restarting Fitbit, removing Fitbit from my devices, reinstalling the Fitbit application. Nothing worked, the Ionic disappeared for my P20.

After several trials, I have found a temporary solution:

1) Go to Huawei settings->Device connection->Bluetooth. Find Ionic at "Paired devices," press "i" and unpair it;

2) Go to Huawei settings->Apps&Notifications->Apps. Press "more" at the bottom of the screen, choose "Show system processes," go to Bluetooth->Storage, and press "CLEAR DATA";

3) Go to the Fitbit app and remove the device;

4) Go to Huawei settings->Apps&Notifications->Apps->Fitbit->Storage, and press "CLEAR DATA";

5) Remove the Fitbit App;

6) Restart the Huawei. Restart the Fitbit using two buttons as it is shown at instructions;

7) Implement standard installation using the Fitbit instructions.

These instructions helped temporarily. I was able to pair my Fitbit back. But the problem was that synchronization disappeared again and again. I tried all recommendations: "All-Day Sync," "Always Connected," turning off battery management, but nothing helped. After pairing my Ionic with the Huawei, the connection disappeared shortly, especially after keeping devices far apart.

After searching the forums and some other trials and fails, I have found a final solution for me, at least my connection suddenly became reliable for a couple of days, and stays this way till now, which is a huge progress in my case, since my Fitbit and P20 did not stay connected for so long before.

The solution is:

1) repeat steps 1-6 from temporary solution instruction above;

2) On your Fitbit Ionic go Settings->About->"Factory Reset";

3) Install Fitbit app on P20

4) Optional (I did not use it, but it was recommended in this thread): On P20 go Settings->Battery->Launch. Find "Fitbit" and turn off automatic management, and choose: "Auto-launch"->On, "Secondary launch"->On, "Run in background"->On;

5) Implement standard installation using the Fitbit instructions;

6) Do not touch any settings in Fitbit app, except you really need it!

7) Optional (I did not use it, but it was recommended in this thread): Go to Fitbit->Device, and turn on "All-Day Sync," "Always Connected," "Keep-Alive Widget."

Important: Again, do not touch any other buttons in the device settings and do not go there ever! If you have any other error messages, just press an android back button on the bottom of your screen! Again, use device setting only if you really need it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't get phone calls or messages to appear on my Fitbit Alta HR from my Huawei P20lite. Any news about getting it? As others have stated, it is just  an expensive step counter really. I'm not happy to say the least. A brand new phone and all this aggravation.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have same problems with the same phone and the Fitbit Alta HR. When will it get fixed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tied this and now Fitbit app won't connect with Fitbit blaze on my Huawei p20 lite 😭.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

try this, find sync fix for fitbit app in playstore, works on mine versa long weeks now, getting all noticications, syncing perfectly. that may help

Best Answer
0 Votes
Does this fix send phone calls and text alerts to the Fitbit? That's the problems I have. It's synching ok otherwise.

Sent from my Huawei Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes. Even what's up Skype mails etc. No problems for weeks since using this app

Sent from my HUAWEI P20 lite on Three.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Can't seem to synchronise, though my Charge HR is paired. Any help out there?

Best Answer
0 Votes