Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily step count not reflected in Challenges

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I complete goals daily (minimum 10K)...I just started doing challenges with people...it seems to me that completing my goals aren't reflective in my participation in these challenges or so it appears...

For example today...I am competing in the weekend warrior challenge and the NYC 10 miles...Right now...I have completed over 22,000 steps thus far...I thought I completed both challenges...but it seems like I haven't...it's very frustrating when you put it in the work and its not reflected as I think it should...

What am I doing wrong?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @NCaggie88, good to see you here in the Fitbit Community. Are you using any manual log on your daily routine?

There are a few instances where the steps of the Dashboard wont match the steps from the challenge, so make sure of the following:

1. Your steps have fully synced to our database but you're not viewing the mobile app dashboard in Live Data Mode. (Live data mode is when your tracker is connected in real time). 
2. You manually logged an activity. Steps from manually logged activities do not count toward challenges; only steps recorded by your tracker or MobileTrack are counted toward challenges. 
3. You used MobileRun to track GPS data with your app. Only steps recorded by a tracker or MobileTrack are counted toward challenges. 
4. All challenge participants are not in the same time zone.

As a general recommendation, wait 15 minutes after syncing your Fitbit data to see if your challenge updates.

Let me know how it goes, I'll be around!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I'm having the same problem, and the steps are not being updated on my challenges. There is also a challenge which has ended, but is still sitting on my dashboard and I can't exit it. Plus when I try posting my workout on the community, the app closes. Is there any thing you can do to help. Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes