Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can not install the fitbit app in my mobile

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My bf send me as present a fitbit Alta HR....I was happy and I tried to setup it.

I started my efforts through my pc , Windows 7, but failed miserably...I downloaded the program and installed it but it keeps asking me to plus a dongle that i dont have and i should not need since the device should be able to work as it is.

Next step was to continue my efforts through my mobile. I have an LG G Flex and I try to download the app and it just wont install...i will not do it no matter how many times i try. 

So my question is Alta HR a dead piece of electronics for someone who doesnt want to buy extra gadgets? Is there a way to fix the problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Linet. Nice BF! The Alta HR remains one of my favorite Fitbit devices. 

Sorry to tell you, on the Windows side of things, you need Windows 10 to connect to and set up a Fitbit device. As for your LG G Flex, it is on the list of supported devices. Check it out here. So you should be able to set this up.   

Your problem seems to be downloading the app itself to your phone. Tap here for Fitbit’s trouble shooting suggestions, scrolling down to the trouble shooting tips. But allow me to suggest a couple of my own. 

• Make sure your Bluetooth is on and that you are in a room that has no other bluetooth devices in it. Occasionally this can “confuse” the technology. 
  • Verify that your phone has enough room for the app. 
  • Turn off your phone completely. Power it down. Wait several minutes, the power it back up.

If after going thru these tips, you ae still unable to install the Fitbit app and to set up the Alta HR, come back here and let us know exactly what happens. It would be helpful if you could provide screen shots. But please don’t give up! 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Linet. Nice BF! The Alta HR remains one of my favorite Fitbit devices. 

Sorry to tell you, on the Windows side of things, you need Windows 10 to connect to and set up a Fitbit device. As for your LG G Flex, it is on the list of supported devices. Check it out here. So you should be able to set this up.   

Your problem seems to be downloading the app itself to your phone. Tap here for Fitbit’s trouble shooting suggestions, scrolling down to the trouble shooting tips. But allow me to suggest a couple of my own. 

• Make sure your Bluetooth is on and that you are in a room that has no other bluetooth devices in it. Occasionally this can “confuse” the technology. 
  • Verify that your phone has enough room for the app. 
  • Turn off your phone completely. Power it down. Wait several minutes, the power it back up.

If after going thru these tips, you ae still unable to install the Fitbit app and to set up the Alta HR, come back here and let us know exactly what happens. It would be helpful if you could provide screen shots. But please don’t give up! 

Best Answer

Thank you very much! Case solved! :Cat LOL

Best Answer