Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't use all Fitbit App feature while I don't have an active Fitbit device

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Long story short: I am using an Android Samsung Galaxy S22 and on Jan 5 2023 I had to ship back my Versa 2 due to battery issues and in the meantime I just had the FitBit app. I noticed after I disconnected my Versa 2 from the app I could no longer interact with the Fitbit Community app (No posts/photos, comments, cheers, etc) I reached out to FitBit Support and was on hold for 35 minutes via phone and then FitBit chat support gave me no solution either. Is it possible that the app Fitbit Community is unusable without a FitBit watch connected. Thanks.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Guy_ @Dopovo Thanks for your input. 

@IceBird14 I am glad to read that everything is working again. 

I just tried myself and I too had full access to the social feed without having a device linked to it. I would suggest either delete cache files of the Fitbit app or deleting it and installing it again, if someone else encounters this situation. 

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Hi @IceBird14 - it would seem something else is happening.

You probably didn't remove the Versa 2 from your Fitbit App so there is no way of knowing about your watch status other than not it's synced recently.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I removed it the same day I shipped it. I did a factory reset and sent it back to FitBit for a new Versa 2 pebble. As soon as I removed my old FitBit I was no longer able to interact with ANY of my groups (public, private, etc)

Best Answer

@IceBird14 - as you are no longer a customer (with an attached watch) it is possible you can't participate.

Best Answer

I reached out to customer support about it and they failed to answer that question. That would make sense but they told me I "should" still be able to interact on FitBit regardless if I had a watch or not.

The issue has been resolved and FitBit needs to update their current guidelines too. You CAN NOT use the FitBit community page while you currently DO NOT have an active FitBit synced on the app. The Fitbit Support told me that having a FitBit is not required to use the app to communicate with other FitBit users. That is untrue and I'm glad I know that now while I have a new Versa 2 synced to my FitBit app.

Best Answer

@IceBird14- thanks for clarifying the situation.

Best Answer

@Guy_ Thanks for your input. 

@IceBird14 Welcome to the forums. Thanks for reaching out about the functionality of the Fitbit app.

I would have assumed the same thing, that you were able to still use the community tab even without a device. However, I would have confirmed it on my own app. Some tiles disappear when you remove the device from your account. 

Have a nice day!

Best Answer

Strange, i tried to remove my Fitbit from my account and i still have the social functionality. Fitbit app 3.73 with Pixel 6 Android 13

Formerly Giampi71 - Retired from Fitbit for good on November 13th 2023
Best Answer

That's interesting because I had zero social functionality on the app. It was just sitting in my Android for 2 weeks until I recently got my new Versa 2 replacement. I couldn't even cheer people's posts - nothing. 

Best Answer

@Dopovo  - do you by any chance have MobileTrack installed as that might be a good way to fool the system into thinking you are a customer, even if you don't have a watch installed?

Best Answer

No mobile tracker installed.

Formerly Giampi71 - Retired from Fitbit for good on November 13th 2023
Best Answer

@Guy_ @Dopovo Thanks for your input. 

@IceBird14 I am glad to read that everything is working again. 

I just tried myself and I too had full access to the social feed without having a device linked to it. I would suggest either delete cache files of the Fitbit app or deleting it and installing it again, if someone else encounters this situation. 

Best Answer