Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got an NFC chip to stop Fitbit from launching

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Tech spec

-> Phone : Plain Nexus 5

-> Tracker : Flex 2

-> NFC Tags : Some tags I got from whiztags.com

-> NFC Application : NFC Tools Pro

So I noticed awhile ago that text entries on the NFC tag would launch the Fitbit app and never really paid attention to it. Decided today to see if I could break the app with NFC tags.

I created an NFC tag with the text option from NFC Tools Pro and two with the data option. 1 data chip contained System.exit() and one with hello. The text one contained a utf-8 encoded string, "Hello World!".

The application failed to launch with both data tags when the application was off, although I did notice that when the application was on any of the chips caused the application to blink.

Wondering whats up with that.

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Toast.makeText(getApplicationContext(), "arbitrary code...", Toast.LENGTH_LONG).show();

did not crash the application however it also did not launch a toast

Best Answer

attempted Snackbar snackbar = Snackbar.make(coordinatorLayout, "Welcome to AndroidHive", Snackbar.LENGTH_LONG);snackbar.show(); and Toast toast = Toast.makeText(getApplicationContext(), "Your toast message.", Toast.LENGTH_SHORT);
toast.setGravity(Gravity.TOP|Gravity.LEFT, 0, 0);
toast.show();

both of these opened the application however produced no results, will move on to running some experiments with compiled java code

Best Answer

runtime.halt(1); causes a crash as did runtime.halt(0); and runtime.halt(-1);

Best Answer