Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to get rid of fitbit community I find it not relevant and annoying. How can I get rid of it?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I want to get rid of fitbit community.... I keep getting the same notification from someone's pist I commented on time after time. Also find it irrelevant and unhelpful .

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hello,

When you post in the Community pages you are subscribing to that discussion automatically unless you uncheck the "Email me when someone replies" box.

Two things;

• From any Community page, click on your profile picture and then click "My Subscriptions".  From there you can delete your subscriptions (the discussions you are receiving notifications for).
  • Next, click on your profile picture again and go to "Settings".  From there you can uncheck the "Automatically subscribe me to topics or reviews I participate in" box.

Now you won't be automatically subscribed and won't receive any more notifications from any discussions. Smiley Happy

There are other, more customised notifications depending on your preference,  but if you don't want to be notified, ever, then the above should work.

Matt | UK
A happy Ionic user (formerly Garmin Vivoactiv) and access to a hit-and-miss Versa
Best Answer
0 Votes

I enjoy scrolling through the Community thread but have found it to be quite annoying that when I leave a comment on a posting my phone is then bombarded with comments from everybody else that is leaving a comment for the same post.  It's extremely frustrating that FitBit has no way of allowing an individual to delete all these pointless notifications on their phone Smiley Mad.  I've gone into the Settings as mentioned in the prior post to try and turn this function off and I truly hope it works and that I haven't screwed something else up as I was in both Community Preferences and Subscriptions/Notifications turning stuff off.

I'm not overly active in the Community forum but I did like giving words of encouragement to folks.  Because of this ridiculous feature I will no longer leave comments in the community forumSmiley Sad.

Thankfully I can still Cheer for a person and not be harassed with incoming notifications!

Best Answer
0 Votes