Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Unknown Caller ID w/Android Pie (9.0)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 10/3/18

Hi, Android Pie users!

I'm aware that many of you are still receiving your call notifications as "Unknown Caller."

I'm sorry for any trouble this issue may be causing. I've gone ahead and escalated that the problem persists. When I hear of any updates from our team, I will provide them here.

Thanks for your troubleshooting efforts and for reporting. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello everyone.

As mentioned in here, the latest version of the Android app (2.82) seems to be working for some users. Be sure that you try to get the latest update and see if the situation is resolved after.

If you have already updated and continue to experience it, please try following these troubleshooting steps and set the notifications up once again.

Since we've received plenty of confirmation that caller ID is working again as expected, we're going to close this thread from further comments. 

Please open a new discussion if you come across new issues and would like to report or ask for assistance. 

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
103 REPLIES 103

Everytime I get a call my Blaze says it's an unknown caller .This started after Android Pie update. The latest Fitbit update has not helped and all appropriate permissions are checked. Fitbit please help with this. Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have Pixel 2 XL and my wife has pixel 2. We both have latest Fitbit update and sync and restarted Fitbit and phones. Caller ID always shows unknown yet text message shows the person name.

Best Answer

I have reported this also with my Blaze but Fitbit hasn't addressed the issue that the newest update hasn't helped the problem.

Best Answer

Same with my Surge in my Pixel 2XL.

Best Answer

Hello @danshawna.

Thanks for trying all of those steps and letting us know that it didn't work. 

In this case I'd recommend that you try to go through all of the steps in this article. Basically, let's setup notifications again from scratch making sure that all of the permissions are there.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I have gone through this steps more than once. All notifications come through fine, the issue is that all calls come through as "Unknown" .This a very frustrating issue because everything else is working fine .there obviously seems to be a software issue.

Thanks for your reply

Best Answer

Hello @danshawna.

Thanks for giving those steps another chance. 

Maybe we could try to remove the permissions and then add them once again. That should help. 

I'd also like to ask what phone is it that you are using at the moment. Maybe that could give us an idea of what is happening.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I have turned permissions on and off several time with no change. I have a Google Pixel with Android Pie .

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @danshawna.

Thanks for letting me know that you have already tried that. 

I will be passing this information on to the rest of the team. The moment we have any news or updates on the matter I'll be sure to let everyone know about it.

Let me know if there are any further questions.

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue!  Google pixel 2, Android 9 pie, and Fitbit version 2.78.

Best Answer

Same issue here. Charge 2, app v2.78. All permissions enabled. Reinstalled three times. No go. SMS coming through fine.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @Innob.

Our team is aware of the situation with the call notifications showing as unknown on Android Pie. As soon as we have any news on the matter we'll be sure to let everyone know.

Be sure to visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about with other users.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When receiving calls, my Fitbit used to show either the caller (if they were in my contacts) or the number of the caller. Now, no matter what, it shows the caller as unknown. Text messages show up correctly.

Things I have tried to fix this:

- Made sure everything is up to date and synched.

- Restart app

- Restart BluTooth

- Uninstall/reinstall Fitbit App

- Make sure Notifications are fully enabled

I've read a bunch of articles on this and have tried all the suggestions I can find. Nothing has worked. What else can I try?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @ferrocene.

Thanks for trying all of those steps prior to posting and sharing them with us.

In this case I'd like to ask some questions to better understand what is going on:

• What Android version are you running?
  • What phone do you have?
  • When did this start happening?

Look forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am running Android version 9 (Pie) and I have a Pixel 2. I'm not completely sure when it started happening. I think maybe about six weeks ago. There was a Fitbit app update that started a bunch of weird things happening (my step count would always reset to zero any time I opened the app, stuff like that) and I was waiting for another update to fix the issues. There has since been another app update that fixed the weird step issues, but this has not gone away, so I started actively trying to figure out what was up.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

Best Answer

I am also seeing this issue with a pixel 2 on android pie. Mine started when the phone was updated. It seems pixel 2s did not get fixed with the most recent fitbit app update (Version 2.78). I am hoping something is being done about this. I too have tried all the fixes you mentioned above and then some like re-adding contacts from a back up CSV file, and soft resetting the charge 2.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have just bought a Fitbit Versa and I have paired it with my Google Pixel 2 Xl which is running on Android Pie. whenever I get a incoming call, Watch shows "unknown caller" even if the caller's number is stored in my contact list. I have tried modifying the option of permission on my android device but it does not solve the issue. Application update is also not available. Please advise if some is facing the same issue and able to get rid of it

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @analshah89. Your Google Pixel 2 XI is not on the list of Fitbit supported devices. Now this simply means that Fitbit has not tested this particular model for compatibility. In many cases I’ve seen, unsupported devices may still work, but you may not be able to take advantage of all the capabilities. In your case, since you seem to have done a good job of trouble shooting, I would guess that caller ID is one of those capabilities. Sorry. I wish I could help more. Perhaps someone else with this phone will respond. Have you tried searching the Community Forums

Best Answer

Hello @wardenllama and @ferrocene.

Thanks for bringing this up. Please know that our team is aware of this situation with Android Pie. At this moment we do not have any updates on the matter but we'll be sure to let everyone know the moment we do.

Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes