Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect distance tracking run with app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Tracking a run with the app (no tracker device) results in two different distances. On a known 2.5km route, the exercise record shows ~2.5km, but the map does not start the track until more than 0.75km into the run, and thus split data only shows this shorter distance. How.can the app show two different distances for the same activity? Why does the route tracking not start until over a 1/4 of the way through the exercise? I am starting the tracking manually, the map shows accurate position before starting the activity, so is not waiting for a good GPS lock ( I have tried waiting at the start screen for several minutes while outside before pressing the final 'start' button) 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @MartinCrosbie.

I apologize for the delay in my response. Thanks for bringing this up.

Could you share a screenshot of what is going on? I'd like to take a closer look to better understand the situation and find the best way to move forward. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
I cannot share a screenshot as I cannot share my location. (Military)

The distance at the top left shows 2.53km
The map shows the trace of the route, starting after 1.1km around the loop with markers at the 1, and final 1.43km points
The splits tab shows a 1km split and a 0.43km split

How can any of these figures be different?

Martin Crosbie
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @MartinCrosbie.

Thanks for sharing those details on the matter.

Our team will be getting in touch with you about this situation. Be sure to keep an eye on your inbox or your spam and trash folders for their mail. They will be happy to help you.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes