Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Oneplus Nord compatible with Fitbit devices?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all,

I am thinking of buying oneplus nord. But it is not on the compatible list.
Does anyone here know more about this? Anyone using oneplus nord and charger 4 without any issue?

Thanks!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @fafbit , with such a huge range of phones out there, Fitbit is now preferring to give general instructions for which phones work, with some particular help tips for individual phones, and a list of phones that despite meeting minimum requirements, do not work consistently.

The basic requirements are Apple iOS 12.2 or higher and Android 7 or higher.

As the phone you are thinking about is based on Android 10, that phone should work. You can read about compatibility, tips and issues in this help article but I don’t think that phone is mentioned as having any issues.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

Hi, @fafbit , with such a huge range of phones out there, Fitbit is now preferring to give general instructions for which phones work, with some particular help tips for individual phones, and a list of phones that despite meeting minimum requirements, do not work consistently.

The basic requirements are Apple iOS 12.2 or higher and Android 7 or higher.

As the phone you are thinking about is based on Android 10, that phone should work. You can read about compatibility, tips and issues in this help article but I don’t think that phone is mentioned as having any issues.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Hi @Julia_G.
Thanks a lot for the information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can anyone confirm if it actually works? I'm planning to buy too. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Harsh.ag Hi there. 

As mentioned by @Julia_G the first thing to double check is if your phone operating system is compatible with the Fitbit app, which should be OS 7.0 or higher. The mobile devices that have been fully tested by Fitbit can be found on this list, keep in mind that we're continually adding more devices, check back soon if yours isn't listed yet. 

Happy holidays. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all,

I have now OnePlus Nord and it seems that it does not work with Fitbit app. At least for now. When trying to log in it says Fitbit.com not available, try again later. My previous phone was/is OnePlus 5 and with that it works fine. If that's the case I'm really disappointed. I will give another try in couple of hours and keep you posted. Then I have 2 options - give up new phone or Fitbit ☹️

Best Answer

Hello. It works well on my one plus Nord!

Best Answer

Hello. Sorry for not giving any update. But it works fine for me. I have been using it for one month and it has been flawless so far.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem! I have been using iphone6 since it’s release and never had a days problem with Fitbit app with my charge 2 and this Christmas I was gifted the Oneplus nord form my lovely sons who thought my iPhone was “dated” and i have to say it is a great phone - until I try to sync with Fitbit and nothing! It says cant sync - fix me Or says Fitbit is down for maintenance however still working fine on my iPhone6 ?!?  I have tried uninstalling and forced closing and changing battery optimisation, pretty much everything I can think of - so I now have to use my iPhone just for Fitbit seems a bit daft really. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I got it working by following these steps:

- uninstalled and reinstalled Fitbit.

- manually paired new phone and Fitbit.

- turned off bluetooth on old phone, because as long it is connected to old devices it cannot connect to new one.

Now it works just fine.

Best Answer

Hi Shoreland,

Thanks for the advice which I have followed and I am now up and running quite smoothly with fitbit on my oneplus nord! 

It really never even occurred to me to turn off the Bluetooth on my iPhone! 

Thank you 🙂

Best Answer

Hi wonder if I could piggyback and ask a follow up please - Do you use the default exercise app, or Strava, or Spotify with your Fitbit? Because I also went from using the One Plus 5 to the One Plus Nord and can never get the two to connect on these apps, which all worked on the One Plus 5. On starting Exercise it just says no GPS, so nothing comes through to Strava unless I track it on my phone. Spotify simply doesn't connect either. I know you're also not meant to have too much bluetooth going on too, but when they remove the headphone jack then what exactly do they expect you to do, play it on loudspeaker and annoy everybody? Even without bluetooth it doesn't connect however.

I can get no sensible response out of either One Plus or Fitbit on this issue, so currently I'm basically deciding to ditch both of them when I buy tech in future.

Best Answer
0 Votes

just read these after my previous comment - I will have to try this. Although to be honest my Nord does Sync with the Fitbit, so it counts steps but doesn;t really work on anything else. It's also just broken (blank face) so they're sending me a new one. Hopefully that will work better but I'll try this!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I use the default fitbit app for my exercise log so I can't really help. 

I still have connection issues to fitbit syncing but it's my home router that has the issue - in order to sync my charge 2 on the app I need to turn off wifi on my phone and the sync is instant but hopefully a new router will cure that.

I really hope your replacement cures your connection issues. 

Best Answer

Hi, I also use the default app, and it works well.

I havn't tried using Spotify yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you still facing the issue with Nord? I have the same phone and planning to buy Versa 2

Best Answer

Can you confirm which device you're using? 

I'm planning to buy Versa 2 and have OnePlus Nord. I have heard there are some issues with regard to notification in the watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, not sure if you're asking 3 different people here. Anyway for my part in the end it seemed to be an issue with the Fitbit itself not syncing properly. Fitbit replaced it (Versa 2) and since then I've not had problems connecting with Strava on my one plus Nord. 

Spotify is hit and miss, especially if I'm also connected to Bluetooth headphones, but it always was on One Plus. The app that used to come up on my watch when listening to podcasts on my phone, does not ever work on Nord, whereas it did on the Plus 5.

No other issues really.

Best Answer

Hi, no issues with charge2 and one plus Nord. I resolved it once my iphone Bluetooth had been switched off. 

Best Answer

Hi I use the Charge2. My issues where having two phones connected to Bluetooth with both having my Fitbit account active and my iphone won so I switched off the Bluetooth on my iphone and that worked for me. Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes