Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Galaxy Note 5 logging a run with GPS

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, has anyone else had issues with the Fitbit app on Galaxy Note 5 when trying to log a run with GPS? The timing is off by a good 2 minutes. I know my normal 1/2 mile time and since i just synced my Fitbit with my new phone, it's timing is way off. Any suggestions??

Modified by moderator: title for clarity. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for stepping into the Forums @diana250

I'd like to ask you some question about the situation:

• Is the GPS map and data accurate or is there any information missing?
  • What Fitbit are you using to log the GPS activity? 
  • When did this start happening?

Look forward to your reply so that we can make sense of this.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Thanks for stepping into the Forums @diana250

I'd like to ask you some question about the situation:

• Is the GPS map and data accurate or is there any information missing?
  • What Fitbit are you using to log the GPS activity? 
  • When did this start happening?

Look forward to your reply so that we can make sense of this.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I completely missed this post! But since my last post, I started using Runkeeper to track my runs instead of my Fitbit. But I recently had to replace my Fitbit Charge 2. I tried to use it to track a treadmill run and again, I encountered the same issue. The timing was really off. Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @diana250.

Thanks for letting me know. Glad to know that Runkeeper has been working for you.

As for the treadmill, what exactly do you mean by the timing? Did it record it as if it started after it actualy started? How much after if that is the case?

Look forward to your reply so that I can better understand.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good morning! It starts recording when I set it on my Fitbit to run but the timing just isn't accurate. I know my pace and after I ran for about 20 min, it said I ran 1.28. I should have been at the very least, 2 miles. I'm not sure why.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @diana250.

Thanks for getting back to me with those details.

While you are on a the treadmill, are you holding the bars on the treadmill or are you running with your hands on your sides? 

If you are holding the bars, then it would explain why the tracker is not properly recognizing the activity. It can't accurately feel all of your steps because you are holding. 

Best Answer
0 Votes