Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to pair and sync my Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

You would have thought I'd have learnt from my previous mistakes and frustrations with Fitbit but no.  Just bought a Fitbit Ionic to replace my Surge that would not charge anymore.  Will not pair with anything...  not my Android phone, tablet or PC. I really don't know why I keep doing this to myself!.

It will be going back. The sales person did warn me... I should have listened.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Why wold you pay $500 for a device that Fitbit usually sells for $300, but right now for $270?

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
Because $NZ500 is what they sting you for in New Zealand. After 6 hours and
deleting the app from my phone and several times it finally starting
working. I have to say I'm not at all impressed.
Best Answer

@zeb146fb have been issuing a few updates to the android app lately (I got another update yesterday) and its flakiness varies. The last update has been causing me a few issues. I'm not defending the Ionic but it might just have been bad timing with the app updates?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yep. It would appear to be an extremely buggy update. As an IT professional
I do wonder sometimes how much testing Fitbit actually do before sending
out updates.
Best Answer

New device - Old issue!   The Ionic has stopped Sync'ing.  You would think after all this time and all the iterations of their devices Fitbit would have sorted this problem.

Best Answer

I just got yet another fb app update yesterday! now on v 2.67.2

I've lost count of how many recent ones.

some other people are not happy either:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/2-67-2-update/m-p/2608125#M69894

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CardiganWearerwrote:

@zeb146fb have been issuing a few updates to the android app lately (I got another update yesterday) and its flakiness varies.

"lately". I haven't been able to even sync at all for about a year now. And everything that the support would tell me is to "get a supported device". Yet, the list of "supported devices" includes exclusively one model that's currently on sale. I would be a little more harsher than "it's slightly flaky lately"

Best Answer
0 Votes

@luca85wrote:
"lately". I haven't been able to even sync at all for about a year now. And everything that the support would tell me is to "get a supported device". Yet, the list of "supported devices" includes exclusively one model that's currently on sale. I would be a little more harsher than "it's slightly flaky lately"

I meant that there has been a lot of app updates lately/recently. Not that the issues are only lately.

Not a good sign when there is an update every few days.

Best Answer

and another update

now on 2.68

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been using my Ionic for several months now and to say I'm underwhelmed would be an understatement.  After my initial annoyance at all the problems, there was an update that cleared up most of the serious issues. 

Then they updated the watch to OS 2732.419 and now the display locks up requiring a hard reset every 2-3 days.  It will often lockup immediately when I go into exercise mode - rendering it useless. It has now started to drop out of excise mode for no apparent reason, when it doesn't actually lock up that is.

Syncing is mostly OK but setting the smart phone app to all day sync does seem to do anything useful... If it syncs once during the day I'd be lucky despite the phone and watch being next to each other.

I notice another model is now out so I imagine we'll get no more updates for the IONIC.  This seems to be the way Fitbit operates.  From my reading of the comments on the new model it has worse problems.  After so many years supporting Fitbit, IONIC will be the last device I will be purchasing from them as I feel I have had a very poor customer experience.  That's from Fitbit and the local retailer. The local sales person laughed at my buying a Fitbit and suggested a Garmin or a Samsung instead.  Wished I'd listened!  

Best Answer

Hi All,

This is just an update to my experience with my Fitbit Ionic.  Yesterday,  about 15 months after buying my Ionic the entire front LCD display came apart, rendering it useless. I'd always been disappointed in the quality of my Ionic but persevered.  However, given that fact that Fitbit will only warranty for 12 months... it does speak volumes about how long they think their products will last.  While I like the Fitbit website I have come to the conclusion it is not worth the effort with all the continuing sync problems and the now obvious poor build of their products.  My previous Fitbit products also had design failings and build issues that I overlooked at the time.  After 3 Fitbit devices in 4 years enough is enough! 

I'm off to get something else.

Best Answer