Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep getting notification service not running

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi Lizzy. I have the same problem. Restarting device or phone does not help. If I delete and reinstall the app on my phone, then it works just for a day or two. Any suggestions? In the app it says 'Notification service not running. A phone restart is required to re-enable notifications on your tracker.' Restarting does not solve anything. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @SandraS92. Welcome to the Community Forums.

I've moved your post from to this new thread in the Android board since your having issues with the notifications and not the screen. Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot your Charge 4 and to look into this, may I know the model of your phone? In the meantime, please give a try to the following steps:

1. Remove your Charge 4 from the Bluetooth settings.
  2. Turn off other Bluetooth connections nearby.
  3. On your phone settings, tap Apps > Fitbit > Storage > Clear Cache.
  4. Go back one screen, tap Force Stop and reboot your phone.
  5. Open the Fitbit app and pull down on the screen to force a manual sync.
  6. Try receiving a notification on your phone to see if it goes through your tracker.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I followed all the steps, but it brings the same message in notification section (in my app), like I mentioned before.

Best Answer

Hi @SandraS92. It's good to see you again.

Thanks for trying the suggestions posted above, I'm sorry your Charge 4 is still unable to receive your notifications. Because your post didn't include it, may I know the model and Android version running on your phone? Also, could you confirm if the Fitbit app is updated? These details will help me to investigate on my end and continue helping you.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @LizzyFitbit . 

My phone model is HUAWEI Mate 20 Pro and Android version 10. Yes, my app is up to date. 

P.s.: sorry for taking so long to reply. Busy days. 🙂

Best wishes,

Sandra 

Best Answer

Hi @SandraS92. I hope you're doing well.

Thanks for getting back with the requested information, and for keeping the Fitbit app updated. Please let me explain that our team is aware of this issue experienced with our Fitbit devices not receiving notifications when syncing with a Huawei phone, and they're working on this matter to identify a solution as quickly as possible. I'm sorry for this inconvenience and while there isn't a time frame for the fix, rest assured your feedback hasn't gone unnoticed and will passed along to the proper team so they can be informed of this situation.

Have a good day.

Best Answer