Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lose exercise tracking data when pausing activity

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had the following happen 3 times (twice recently).  I starting tracking a walk, using my phone for GPS mapping.  I had to stop for a minute or so, so I hit the pause button, then resumed the tracked exercise and completed the tracking by using the pause, then pressing the Stop button for a couple of seconds.  Two things happen.

1) The activity is logged, but when I exit back to my dashboard and review it using the icon on the dashboard, there is no map shown, and some of the statistical data (splits, for instance) is missing.

2) The total time for the tracked exercise is longer than what was shown when I stopped it, and the calories burned are higher.  It is as if the tracked exercise was combined with some additional exercise and time either before or after (as if it had not been stopped, even though it was). 

This is frustrating as I am trying to walk the same route multiple times at different split times to see the impact on calories burned.  I checked the PC dashboard and the data is just not there.

Suggestions? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

This is a cuurently known issue, see https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android%20App/subject/td-p/2099906

Why not use the Charge 2 and the connected GPS, instead of the phone?

Best Answer
0 Votes