Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loses sync every morning between 4:30 and 4:40 AM

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit Inspire 2 syncs by bluetooth to my Android 12 phone, a Google Pixel 6 Pro. I look at the results with the dashboard on my computer. Every morning, without fail, my Fitbit stops syncing between 4:30 and 4:40 AM, typically at 4:37 AM. I have checked all the permissions and battery status, etc, and everything is set up properly and works fine until that morning time. If I open the Fitbit App on my phone and make it sync manually, then everything works fine again until the next morning, when it inevitably quits syncing at the same time again.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

🤔 Just clearly a guess here @OneMoreDave but do you happen to have auto restart set on your phone? Auto restart allows you to schedule periods (time or days) when you want your phone to shut down and restart automatically. It might explain why your missing this sync at a particular set time. To see if that’s the case look here to see if that’s when yours might be set for: 

1. Open the Setting app and tap General Management.
  2. Tap Reset …look if  Auto restart is on

🤷‍:female_sign: Again just a guess here but it might be the cause. Let me know what you think

Best Answer

Hi MegaBite,

It's a good thought and thanks! The only thing is that there are often other apps running on the phone, and if it restarts, then when I look at the phone next, they won't be running anymore. Since that's not the case, I'm pretty sure the phone didn't restart. I guess different manufacturers organize the Android settings differently because I couldn't find what you mentioned above, but it says my phone has been running 425 hours since the last restart, and it lost sync at 4:52 AM this morning. Anyway, thanks again for the idea! 🙂

Dave

Best Answer

Hi @OneMoreDave - if you are using a computer and a phone to sync to your watch this can be problematic as the watch can only sync to one at a time.

What may be happening is the computer is stealing the phone connection for some reason, which may be related to refreshing of the computer status if it is running at that time.

Also there has to be an Internet connection on the phone for the syncing to work and if for some reason Internet on the wifi is refreshed [often the IP address attributed is modified in the night or something similar], without the wifi being dropped, syncing cannot happen during that time.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer