Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Luxe won't sync with Samsung Flip 3

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Recently bought a Luxe fitbit. Tried connecting it to my Flip 3 but wouldn't. Tried everything, restarted, turned my phone on and off, even the Bluetooth. Still nothing. 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Hi @Ahziel  Android 13 and a flip phone - that's currently an issue. I'm moving this to the Android area of the forum.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 9

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Odyssey13 , Thank you for your help 

@Ahziel , A warm welcome to the Community! Thank you for your report. 

Our team has identified the root cause of the bug and we are working on a fix, which we anticipate releasing via an app update in early 2023.

In the meantime, if you have access to another mobile device (borrowed, old device,etc) where you can install the Fitbit app (min Apple iOS 14 and higher  or Android 8 or higher) try syncing/setting up your Luxe. 

We appreciate you patience.

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer

A phone that you can borrow once per day from someone, so that you can sync it up .. not a very good "workaround". Seems as if Google broke something when they did an update on Android 13 .. but oh wait ... Google owns FitBit now .. same issue .. got one for my wife for Christmas gift .. and it won't work at all .. and to boot .. can't synch her old one any more after removing it as part of the recommended "fixes" for synching issue .. really not very happy.. 

Best Answer

I had a Fitbit rep tell me this..I would rather Fitbit fix their problem than be told that I have to change my phone. Hopefully it'll be fixed by the 1st or I'll gave to buy one of those Whoops or maybe even go to Apple for  phone and watch. Time will tell.

Hello, since Fitbit's fix (for the common Samsung Flip/Fold non-syncing issue) was for me to borrow somebody's device and use it to sync my Luxe to while I workout, I'll be putting my Luxe in the Goodwill donation bag this weekend. I'm going to go with a non-Googe/Fitbit tracker. My question is, after I erase all of the data, can a Fitbit Luxe be powered off? It just seems to come back on. I'd rather donate it with the power off so the next user can turn it on..and I will be writing on the box to not buy it if you have a Samsung Flip or Fold.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Hp513  if you donate it, be sure to include the charger. 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 9

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here’s an article from Android Police  on the topic.  Fitbit is very aware of the problem.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Hello everyone!

This situation has been reported already. Our team has identified the root cause of the bug and we are working on a fix, which we anticipate releasing via an app update in early 2023. I appreciate your patience!

Have nice day and happy holidays!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Any update on when the issue will be getting fixed? I did the fitbit update on 1/18 but that didn't fix the issue on my fold 3

Best Answer

My Samsung Galaxy S21+ 5G took an update last night and since waking up it can no longer sync with my Fitbit Charge 5. Looking around, I found this post and I verified I too have now been upgraded to Android 13, which seems to be part of the cause. Is there any update as to the status of the fix, Fitbit? I paid over a hundred dollars for my fitness watch and also subscribe to Premium. I've only had my tracker for 6 weeks. This thread and the articles online are old (the issue first seems to be reported in December 2022) and it appears this issue is still unresolved after 5 months. That is very frustrating to read. This thread states that a fix is anticipated in early 2023, but it is almost mid-year. Can I get an update from anyone in support?

Update: I contacted chat support and they would not answer my questions about the status of the known issue with Android 13. Instead, I have to ship back my tracker, wait for it to be received so they can ship me a new one, and hope that it will work - all while waiting a few weeks for this to happen. I'm not very optimistic as I don't think it is actually tracker having an issue. 

Best Answer