Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MobileRun missing data after pausing - Android 2.43+

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 9/26/17

Hello, everyone! I wanted to make it known that I haven't forgotten about this issue with MobileRun. Our team is aware of this ongoing problem, however, I don't have a timeline for when there will be a fix available. I understand many of you are frustrated with this feature, and I hope to give you all more information soon. Thanks for your continued patience! 

Just to be clear, this thread is for the MobileRun issue for when you initiate a Run/Walk, if you 'Pause' your activity and then 'Resume' after you finish, you will not see your map or some of your exercise data. Alternatively, this does not happen if you 'Pause' and 'Finish' your Run/Walk right away. 

Fitbit Update: 7/20/17

Thanks everyone for providing the information requested about this MobileRun issue. It appears since the Android app version 2.43, users who initiate a MobileRun on their devices and later pause it at some point will not have all the data saved when syncing afterward. This data can include the map and distance data. 

I really appreciate your cooperation and patience while our team works towards a resolution. I know many of you have been active on this thread and I want to make sure you know all your input has been very helpful in determining the factors. I will continue to update this thread when there is more information available. Thanks again for your help! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
876 REPLIES 876

Usually I can see the map of my route of my run. I had my GPS turned on correctly. But after my run this morning I can not see the mapping of my route anymore. How can I fix this? 

Best Answer

I can take a guess but...

Was the charge 2 connected to the phones GPS. Did the phone icone on the charge 2 have a line through it?

Best Answer

Yes it did connect with the GPS of my iPhone. And the line was visible on my charge 2. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Then i don't know, do you see tye map at Fitbit.com? 

Best Answer

I checked it also on the dashboard but map was not visible. I will go for my run tommorrow then I check if everything is synced right.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello. I went on a run today, and while I was out I used the GPS tracking feature on my FitBit app to record my pace and distance. I was looking at my phone occasionally, and it was working fine. The map was up and it was recording my pace.

However, once I got home the map and the pace was gone from my app! It just shows the length of my run in minutes and my steps. I checked my previous runs and it looks like this happened on Sunday as well - my map and pace data has disappeared. Is there anything I can do in the future to prevent this? I haven't had a problem until this week.

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer

Does it show in your activity log on the website?

Best Answer
It does not. It only shows the time and steps on the FitBit website, not
the pace of distance.
Best Answer

I've been using the GPS feature for a few weeks now to log a long walk at the weekend. I came back today and stopped the app on my phone as usual and then did a sync to get the details. For some reason, the sync has just given me two 'walk's, with no map and no splits etc. Where has it gone? Help please!

Best Answer

Can any one tell me what is the point of tracking your walk / hike on your mobile phone via the app and GPS if :-

When you finish and press ""finish"" if your quick you can see your route + stats etc BUT when your tracker next sync's you lose all mapping and have just stats left  ..        happens to me every time i use GPS for "accuracy"  but not if i use my charge 2 and have my phone nearby with bluetooth and location enabled , much less accurate this way however      any suggestions appreciated.     

Android 5.1 etc 

Best Answer

I haven't lost a map yet? 

Are you using the app,  or the Charge with the phones GPS? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

if i use the tracker with my phone linked by bluetooth NOT  tracking within the app all is fine BUT less accurate. than :-

If i set track my walk in the app all is good via GPS, when i press finish at the end i can see my route and distance calories stats etc . if i am wearing my tracker which of course i am. The next time it sync's all the mapping route information previously recorded disappears ,  i think the fitbit recorded steps / distance etc also over write the GPS recorded information..     (the tracker distance made up of distance based on stride length approximation is about 1 mile less in a 10 mile walk than the GPS tracked recording until the above phenomenon occurs)

Best Answer

I'll have to try this, for now tho your stride setting needs to be increased by 1.11

Since we are referring to a phone app, may we be made aware to the type of phone? 

Best Answer

Since your referring to a phone app, would you be kind enough to tell us what phone we are referring to? 

Best Answer

thanks for taking the time to reply

Phone type Motorola Moto G. Android 5.1

Not much point playing with my stride length as i walk much and varied terrain which is when i need the accuracy and would like the routes saved. 

I may just have to do without the mapped routes if i want the accuracy.   seems a shame the app can't be written to work correctly, i already switched from my preferred windows phone because the app is  not fully supported in sync contrary to fitbit promotional advertiseing

Best Answer

I have a moto g phone and can see the mapping of my route when I set the walk tracking using gps through the app. When I hit finish I am then able to scroll through the screens - map, splits, heart rate, calories and impact for my walk.

Best Answer
Samsung Galaxy S5. Android operating system.
Best Answer

As i have said earlier in this post at end of walk/hike when i press finish on the phone app i can view mapping and all stats ..   if i revisit the app as little a 2 minutes later, after my charge2 fitbit (also worn during the walk) has re-synced via bluetooth to my motoG phone the in accurate data of the fitbit tracker has over written the data in the app and deleted all the route mapping.

If i dont start a walk/hike via "track my walk" within the app (use GPS tracking)  at the end of the walk when the Charge2 re-sync's to the app on my phone (or PC)  i get full stats and route mapping ..

This is great but stats for example distance is not as accurate as the stats recorded via GPS. 

Best Answer

Started happening to me last week too. All looks good. Go to finish and it shows complete map, then it vanishes. No map! What's happening here, I've used this feature for years

UK. User since Feb 2015. Retired charge HR. Current charge 2
Best Answer