Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing features compares to iOS App : Share map from cycling and Sleep Advanced Option

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

I have aquired a Charge 2 after a colleague of me told me how happy he was with it but I was not expecting the Android App lacking features compares to iOS (My colleague has an iphone).

The most frustrating for me is the unability to share the map of a cycling activity !?!

Quite a basic feature and when I compared with my colleague, the feature is available for iOS.

Also it seems there is an advanced option to better detect sleep cycle on iOS which is not present on my Android version ..

Is Fitbit reserved for iPhone owners ? 🙂

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

No, it's not reserved for iPhone users.

I don't know about map sharing, but in terms of sleep cycle, I don't see how there could be a difference. The hardware is what detects and records the sleep, not the phone app. What specifically are you seeing in the iPhone app for sleep that the Android lacks?

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello and thank you for your answer.

MAP : After cycling, you go to the activity, see the map, press share and you have 3 options but not to share the map. on iOS, you have 4 options,the first one being sharing the map with a summary of the activity.

Sleep : go to your account, advanced options and in sleep you have the option to track your sleep with more precision (in French so don't know the exact translation)

My guess is they put more energy or have a bigger team for the iOS application. Sharing the map is a really nice feature present in other activity tracking applications.

Best Answer

I agree! Very disappointing that Android does not have the share map option. I've always had this on all other fitness trackers I've used. Besides this I have found almost nothing to dislike about my Fitbit, I love it!! 

Note to OP, I have found a workaround for now. You screenshot the map when you're looking at it. Then you choose share image option and pick that image. Not perfect, I don't like that my status bar ends up in the pic, but quick and easy and pretty close. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Jeth,

Indeed I use the screenshot too but it's really cheap to have to publish a screenshot of his phone to share that info in 2017 🙂

Especially as the option is already present on iOS.

Laurent

Best Answer
0 Votes

I installed the fitbit app on 2 differant devices in Android !.

On the first, sharing activities included a GPS MAP!

After installing the second, this Map was no longer available, and also on the first it disappeared.

I am convinced that sharing Maps from activities is there, but probably depends on options somewhere

in the Fitbit or Andrid settings.

Does anybody having it working in Android ??

Any ideas on what settings it may depend ??

I do not see any Fitbit documenation about it !

I tried and tested my account on an Iphone, and yes there I get the Maps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

email : lvanrie@skynet.be

Best Answer
0 Votes