Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile app isn't recognizing my aerobic workout

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

the mobile app has stopped recognizing my aerobic workouts.  It will log the steps and the time exercised, but it won't log the exercise for the day. For example, I exercised yesterday, had a long walk. so that's one out of my 5 days workout goal. Today I did an aerobic workout, it logged the time and the number of steps but didn't count it towards my daily goal. Not sure if the fact that on the Fitbit app for the computer, there's nothing on the dashboard. I have refreshed it and still nothing.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

HI there @SunsetRunner, good to see you again in the Fitbit Community! In this case is important to mention the app won't recognized your exercises. With some compatible device is possible to use Mobile Track but this will only track basic data and not specific exercises.

Th the other hand, Smartrack feature is able to recognized aerobic exercises, depending of your motion pattern. For more details please refer to this help article: What should I know about SmartTrack exercise detection? Keep in mind this will depend if your tracker support this feature, if your tracker has Heart rate sensor, most likely will support SmartTrack.

Once your tracker has the exercise recorded, it will sync this information to your Dashboard in the exercise section, counting towards your daily exercise goal. If your refer that your tracker is not recognizing the Aerobic workout, try with a restart: How do I restart my Fitbit device?

Let me know if this helps. See you later in case you have more questions.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
It had been recognizing the aerobic workout but suddenly stopped.
Also the dashboard on the app for the computer has nothing on it. Doesn't
show my weight, the calories or sleep etc
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @SunsetRunner, my apologies for the late response and how it goes so far? Are you aerobic workouts still not being recognized? I was reading the additional details you provided me, however I'm curios to confirm if you have tried the troubleshooting steps I previously shared with you?

Some of the point suggested in the previous article I mentioned earlier, say; SmartTrack recognizes activities based on the continuous movement of your arms. Which in some scenarios stopping in the middle of an exercise may interrupt the activity tracking.

Also keep in mind the placement of your tracker may have an impact on your heart rate reading s and by consequence affecting your SmartTrack exercise. Moving the tracker up a couple inches can be helpful during high-intensity exercises or exercises that cause you to bend your wrist frequently.

See you until the next time. Catch you later!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes