Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile track detected 47k steps while driving from Italy to holland

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have mobile track enabled on my phone, while serving as my in-car navigation it detected 47k steps. 

I suppose that fitbit should be able to detect that the 'car mode' is enabled, my trusted Bluetooth device type car is connected and that it's powered.... 

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @jessehouwing, good to see you around and my apologies for the late response.  I saw your tracker was counting steps while you were driving from Italy to Holland.

Note that the Fitbit tracker does not have a driving mode built-in. By any chance are you referring to any third party app?

In occasions, with a tracker since we are talking is a motion sensor, depending of the road this subtle vibrations could be translated into steps, giving you credit in your overall activity. With MobileTrack is the same, since the app is using the sensors of your phone.

You can find more details and a workaround in the following article section:

Hope this helps and keep participating if you have other questions.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Android 8 and 9 have driving detection as part of the do not disturb detection. Since it was Mobile Track, not my ionic that was counting the steps, it's all happening on my android phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Other indicators for Mobile Track to ignore the steps:

* the device is powered 

* location was being used for Android Auto and it knew I was travelling at 175kphon the German highway.

* Bluetooth is connected to a car kit registering itself as Volvo v40. 

* do it disturb mode in android auto-activated due to drive detection. 

* my watch was on my wrist, on and connected to the phone. It should know to ignore the steps. 

I'd hope some cleverness. 

Best Answer
0 Votes