Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MobileRun missing data after pausing - Android 2.43+

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 9/26/17

Hello, everyone! I wanted to make it known that I haven't forgotten about this issue with MobileRun. Our team is aware of this ongoing problem, however, I don't have a timeline for when there will be a fix available. I understand many of you are frustrated with this feature, and I hope to give you all more information soon. Thanks for your continued patience! 

Just to be clear, this thread is for the MobileRun issue for when you initiate a Run/Walk, if you 'Pause' your activity and then 'Resume' after you finish, you will not see your map or some of your exercise data. Alternatively, this does not happen if you 'Pause' and 'Finish' your Run/Walk right away. 

Fitbit Update: 7/20/17

Thanks everyone for providing the information requested about this MobileRun issue. It appears since the Android app version 2.43, users who initiate a MobileRun on their devices and later pause it at some point will not have all the data saved when syncing afterward. This data can include the map and distance data. 

I really appreciate your cooperation and patience while our team works towards a resolution. I know many of you have been active on this thread and I want to make sure you know all your input has been very helpful in determining the factors. I will continue to update this thread when there is more information available. Thanks again for your help! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
876 REPLIES 876
Hi, yes the app on my Samsung S7. I use my fitbit surge when I run and have no problems pausing and resuming on the surge itself, but I use the app on my phone when I walk my dogs. I have known that pressing pause on the app causes map issues for a long time now so I usually just let the time keep going when my dogs stop to do their business (which of course throws out my times). But recently I've pressed pause accidentally a couple of times and lost my map. It is just frustrating that this issue has been going on for so long. Is it ever going to be fixed?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Why not use the Surge to track the dog walks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. Very helpful. Runs the battery down. I'm already recharging every 5-days. Instead of making unhelpful suggestions, how about fixing the actual problem?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer

Sorry im just a Fitbit user as you are, and do not have access to the programming end. 

I'm still able to get 10 hours of GPS on the surge, the phone gets nowhere close to this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there @Sharnben, I saw you are having troubles to track your exercise using the GPS through the Fitbit app.

Before I move on, just a heads up. Lets keep a friendly environment in our Community, I know this situation may be frustrating for you, however @Rich_Laue is part of our Community Council and is just trying to help you by providing possible solutions.

As you know, this is a glitch in this portion of the Fitbit app that is already under investigation. Pausing the exercise may cause the loss of your map at the moment to sync. So, while we are working to have a fix in the future, the workaround is to avoid the pause button. I know is not the best solution, but at the moment is the only information available.

A good alternative would be your Surge GPS. If the battery is not holding its charge, perhaps the following article will give you some extra help: Can I improve my Fitbit device's battery life?

As soon more details arise, we will be posting more information.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

Thanks for your email. I do apologise for being a bit short with @Rich_Laue. I wrongly assumed he was a fitbit person answering my query, not just another forum user.

This issue has been a "glitch" in the system for a quite a long period of time now. I just don't understand how it can take so long to fix? I am trying to be patient but it is extremely frustrating.
Best Answer

Any updates on this issue? Not really good enough to just be "monitoring" it, seeing as its causing many to lose tracking and it has been known for so long. I accidentally double tapped and lost my info again today, really frustrating!

Best Answer

2.69 is out.  Haven't tried it yet.  I hate downloading the new version, realizing it is still broken, then rolling back to 2.42.  A big waste of time, usually.

If 2.69 fixes it I'll eat my words.  Would think that this bug fix would rate a mention in the release notes.

No wonder AAPL is kicking their butts.

Best Answer

I did the same thing by accident last week walking the dog. I forgot that I had the phone in my left pocket and my glove was falling off so I just push it back up on my hand by sliding it against my coat. GREAT we walked about 1/2 a mile before I realized that voice cues are on and I haven't heard anything!  UGGGG This was my own stupid fault. Needless to say I hit resume ,finished our walk and nothing showed up. Had to manually log in the 45 minutes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

2.69 is still broken.  No surprise there.

FitBit needs to spend more on programming than "monitoring" year old problem threads.

Best Answer

Fitbit doesn't give a seem to care that much about inconveniencing their customers. Remember how long it took them to fix the "stats not rolling over at midnight on the 1st" bug?

I highly suspect "monitoring" means "doing nothing because customers aren't screaming loudly enough".

Best Answer

On the positive side, the connected GPS function with my Blaze is working better with the new version.  Made it through a 3 mile walk yesterday with no dropped connections, and an accurate map at the end.  Will try it again today.

Best Answer

Congratulations! Hope it continues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

"Connected GPS" seems to be working fine with my Blaze now.  I still like the Mobilerun feature better, though, and wish they would fix it.  The real-time map in Mobilerun is great.

I suspect since it's "free" and usable without a tracker that it's low on the priority list to fix, though.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had this issue for so long and lost a run at the weekend I was really proud of. I was really surprised to see that its still an issue after all this time. Not good enough.

Best Answer

So, over 800 posts about this broken feature, nearly 1.5 years later and still nothing from Fitbit.  How on earth do we get a meaningful response from Fitbit (let alone a solution)?

To the moderation team or someone working for Fitbit - please respond !  We don't need thanks for being patient or telling us the issue hasn't been forgotten.  You are not being fair to your customers that bought your devices in good faith.

Best Answer

Seems like the fix would be straightforward.   In 2.42, the "pause" button works, in 2.43 (and onward) it's broken. 

What changed in the programming between the 2 versions?

Best Answer

Hi @Sharnben thank you for coming back and my apologies for the late response. I understand this is taking more time than it was expected and it has become an issue beyond frustrating.

So far, I do not have more details on the progress of this issue however when something new arise I will let you know. In the meantime, despite is not the best solution, is recommended to avoid pausing the exercise as it was mentioned earlier.

We are constantly working to improve the Fitbit experience.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This issue (MobileRun pause /resume, then losing data) has been "under investigation" for more than a year. 

Any ETA on a fix?

Best Answer

From my experience with the Surge, the phone GPS  / MobileRun combo is much more accurate than the Surge's built-in GPS. 

My phone's GPS generally is within a 15' margin of error, not sure what the Surge is but I don't think it's nearly that close.  

Best Answer
0 Votes