Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring Ocean Swims

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have just purchased a Google watch after an Apple watch for many years. I changed because I had switched to a Google Pixel phone.  I am a keen swimmer and wanted to use my phone to monitor walks and Ocean Swims. I seems OK in the pool but there doesn't appear to be an ability to track swims outside a pool. The Apple watch did this brilliantly just by  automatically turning on GPS when you clicked start for the swim. You could then see on a map of your swim the distance you did and if you went straight or zig zagged your way along. The automatic picking up of a swim doesn't happen either although it has been put in the list of exercises to do this. Bit of a disappointment.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Crimmo Fitbit has never supported open water swimming (and probably won't despite it's been requested by users for years) and pool swimming tracking has been downgraded, too (I think it's currently the poorest swim tracker available). Luckily, you should be able to benefit from owning WearOS watch. Look for other apps for WearOS like MySwimPro and many others.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

@Crimmo Fitbit has never supported open water swimming (and probably won't despite it's been requested by users for years) and pool swimming tracking has been downgraded, too (I think it's currently the poorest swim tracker available). Luckily, you should be able to benefit from owning WearOS watch. Look for other apps for WearOS like MySwimPro and many others.

Best Answer