Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Charge 2 keeps disconnecting from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Also, it won't automatically sync.  I have to it the sync button or the item in the dashboard to get it to sync.  

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @LindaLW

Thank you very much for that update. The good part is that you'll be getting a replacement and will be able to keep on running towards your goals. 

If you have the time, please visit one of our Discussion boards. There you can find a lot of different topics to talk about with the other members of the Community. 

Hope to see you around.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
19 REPLIES 19

I am not getting notifications either...

@SunsetRunner wrote:

Also, it won't automatically sync.  I have to it the sync button or the item in the dashboard to get it to sync.  

Best Answer

A very warm welcome to the Community @SunsetRunner! 

Have you tried turning the 'Always Connected' option on? Regularly it helps to improve the connectivity between the mobile and the Fitbit. To turn it on, please follow these steps:

1. Access your Fitbit app and then tap on the account tab.
  2. Select your Charge 2 and then scroll all the way down.
  3. Turn the 'Always Connected' feature on. 

That should help improve the syncing situation. Let me know how it goes! 

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
It is alreadu set to always connected...😕
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner! Thanks for the clarification.

In that case, I'd recommend doing the following:

1. Go into your mobile's Bluetooth settings.
  2. Look for your Fitbit Charge 2 and delete it from the Bluetooth settings.
  3. Restart your phone.
  4. Try to get your Fitbit Charge 2 to sync to your account once again.

Keep me posted on how it goes! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the exact same issue. It worked fine for the first week, then quit working when I recharged it. When I removed it from my Samsung and rebooted, it doesn't show up as a device. I scanned again, and it was there. On a whim, I rescanned and it was gone. It hasn't showed up since. I think these things have a broken Bluetooth transmitter.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Mordigoff! Thanks for joining the Forums.

Did you try the steps I mentioned above? They should definitely help for situations like this. They have certainly helped me whenever I had any issues with the Bluetooth connection.

Additionally, have you tried syncing with any other device? That could give us more details on whether it is the tracker itself of the connection between the Charge 2 and your Samsung. 

Look forward to helping you get back on track.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also cannot connect my charge 2 to my huawei p9 phone tried all the steps .. reinstalling the app it just keeps failing 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have two other Bluetooth devices and both work fine. I have tried all the steps  and advice and then some. It looks like I have to shutdown and restart the fitbit every time I charge it. Super annoying. And even that isn't guaranteed to work.
What this means to everyday life: sometimes I miss my hourly alerts to move. I miss texts from my wife because they don't show up on the fitbit so I think the phone alert is for something else. Sometimes I miss calls because I'm waiting to see who it is before I fish my phone out of my pocket. Just really inconvenient and the device doesn't work as advertised. I think I'm going to take it back and trade it for another brand that works. 

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S7 active, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer

Hello @Joycmmorrison, welcome to the Community. Hey @Mordigoff!

@Joycmmorrison In this case, the Huawei P9 Lite is not currently a part of our supported devices list. Because of this, we are not able to fully guarantee that it will work correctly.

@Mordigoff Out of the other two Bluetooth devices that you mentioned, are they continuously connected to your phone? It could be that they are interfering with the connection between the Fitbit and the mobile. Perhaps we could try to turn them off and give the tracker a test once again.

Please do let me know how it goes if you try that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Similar problem.  My Charge HR has stopped syncing with my Samsung Galaxy 5S three times this week.  I was able to get it back after multiple tries of all the suggestions here.  Now it is saying Bluetooth connection issues.  I unpaired it earlier, based upon a the suggestion above and now nothing. Extremely annoying.  I've already spent way too much time on this!

Best Answer

Hello @LindaLW

In this case, let's try to run the set up once again:

1. Open the Fitbit app on your Samsung.
  2. Select the 'account' tab. 
  3. Select the 'Setup a New Device'.
  4. Tap on the Charge HR and then follow the on screen instructions.

That should reestablish the connection between the two.

Please keep me posted on how it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried that multiple times without success.  By last night it was totally broken; only log 3000 steps after 1.5 hrs at the gym.  I called Customer Service today and I'm getting a replacement.  Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @LindaLW

Thank you very much for that update. The good part is that you'll be getting a replacement and will be able to keep on running towards your goals. 

If you have the time, please visit one of our Discussion boards. There you can find a lot of different topics to talk about with the other members of the Community. 

Hope to see you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This solution didn't work for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @anniethorn

Could you please go a bit more in-depth into what is it that you are experiencing? I'd like to help you out. 

In the meantime, please follow the steps on this help article. Be sure to follow all of them in the order that they show up.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes
my fitbit2 will not sync.  The only way I can make it sync is to completely shut down my cell phone and restart it.  This is a pain to do every time I want to check my steps or sleep.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @anniethorn.

Thanks for that clarification. Did you try to follow the steps I mentioned above? They should definitely help in this situation.

Additionally, I have a couple of questions:

• Have you synced your Fitbit to any other device? Or your phone with any other Fitbit? 
  • Do you have notifications set up?

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I keep having this issue as well for the past 3 weeks. I have done all of these steps multiple times. I have event contacted customer service with little help. Does anyone have any solutions that have worked?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Says it was solved, this is the best answer, but I do not see any fix in this best answer.  

Best Answer
0 Votes