Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Fitbit is still not syncing to my Android phone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

this syncing issue with android is not fixed. I have updated and unpaired and paired and uninstalled and restarted and set up about 5 times and still does not sync

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Okay, lets check your current status.

What phone do you have?

What is the version of the Fitbit App

In the phone Fitbit App

Click on profile photo [top left]

Help & Support

App Version at the top

And version of your watch?

On the watch

Swipe left

Click on Settings

Scroll & click on About

Version near the top

In the meantime try a sync repair

Login to the Fitbit App,

Pull down to refresh,

[after the sync popup appears at the top,

and if its not got a progress bar]

Device photo [middle left]

Sync

Click on the circle, to resync

After a few seconds

If no pair prompt appears

Go back to the Today screen

Repeat the process

This assumes that the device is not currently synced/paired with the App or has already been "forgotten" in Bluetooth settings from prior troubleshooting.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Llpeeps123, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot this issue before reaching out. 

Before anything else, I'd like you to make sure that the mobile phone you're using is included here Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

Please keep in mind that when a device is not supported and does not meet the require OS we cannot guarantee its functionality with the Fitbit app. It might work at a certain time and then it can stop working out of nowhere after an update. This is because the app is not optimized to that device and any change could impact the performance. 

In addition to the steps you've tried, make sure that your Fitbit app and watch are up-to-date as @Guy_ has mentioned. Then, please do the following:

1. Remove your watch from your Fitbit account and phone's Bluetooth settings. 

2. Turn off other Bluetooth connections when not in use.

3. Plug it into the charging cable and open the Fitbit app.

4. Set up your watch.

5. If there is no connection, restart your watch.

Let me know how it goes. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I agree. Still not working correctly. When I wake up in the morning, the watch is running about 20 to 30 minutes late and no longer connected to Bluetooth. I can't get a re-connection without spending a lot of time uninstalling and reinstalling the app and then trying everything I can think of to get it to see the connection. Finally got it to connect, but I can't go through this every morning. This app is not working correctly. My Versa Lite is less than a year old. If this isn't fixed this week, I will throw it out and find something else. Weird that all these problems started after Google acquired the company.

Best Answer

@PBGpam 

It looks like the phone is no longer pairing with the watch, nor syncing?

Its not normally necessary to uninstall the app.

This should resolve you problem instead

In Android phone Settings

Apps

Fitbit

Storage - clear cache [not data]

Force Fitbit shutdown [though it doesn't seem to fully go away]

shut down watch

wait a 15 seconds

Start the watch [Hold the button for < 10 seconds

till it vibrates or logo appears}

Wait for the clock to reappear.

Open the Fitbit App and do a refresh [pull down]

Device photo [middle left]

Sync - click the refresh circle

It should issue you a Pair prompt - which will resolve the issue

For info, it is sure that the watch will update the time when its starts and syncs. Check it does.

Its not sure that it does when it just syncs.This is relevant for the next remark.

However your watch should not lose minutes. My watch will go a week without syncing and not lose time.

If this loss of time occurs again probably best to inform Fitbit Support directly. They may be able to help you or even replace the watch.

Best Answer

I have to say I too have been dealing with this for days. The fitbit rep I spoke with said that supposedly they are aware and have fixed it. So frustrating

Best Answer
Yep. Pretty sure they have not. You would think that is SEVERAL people are still having issues that they didnt actually fix the problem. But what do we know??Sent from my Galaxy
Best Answer

I had the same problem and I factory reset the watch and now it wont let me add the versa 2 back to my account.  So now I have a useless watch because I can't even see the time anymore because it only shows the fitbit symbol and says to download the fitbit app but it wont finish the setup process. I did download the new update that supposedly fixed the problem but it didnt fix mine. It's still under warranty.  It's not even a year old and this watch was $200. So I need this fixed or a replacement or something. 

Best Answer

I had trouble with my Ionic syncing a month or so ago but it was fixed.   This morning it is not working again.   Has one of the software programs updated?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@GregCB  If you provide the phone type and Fitbit App and Watch versions it would help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My phone is a Samsun Galaxy j4+

I think it is an ionic 1 Bluetooth calls it Ionic Classic

App version 3.37.1

Best Answer
0 Votes

@GregCB  Good news is your Fitbit App is uptodate, though you didn't give the version for the Ionic.

Presumably, you already restarted both the watch and phone?

You can check your phone is a compatible phone based on its operating system.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had not turned off my phone and watch and restarted them.   I now have and the syncing is working.   Thank you for your help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@GregCB   Thanks for your feedback and glad its working again.

Best Answer
0 Votes