Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My new Google Pixel watch 2 does not recognize stair climbs

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My new Google Pixel watch 2 does not recognize stair climbs 

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hello & welcome @Cricket913 

From the help page How does my Fitbit calculate my daily activity (<-- click link)

Fitbit devices that count floors have an altimeter sensor that detects when you go up in elevation. Your device registers 1 floor when you climb about 10 feet or 3 meters. Your device uses changes in barometric pressure combined with the steps you take to calculate floors climbed. Fitbit devices don’t count floors on stationary exercise equipment, such as a StairMaster or treadmill, or when you go down a flight of steps.

Based on this, you need a 10 feet difference in elevation for your Pixel Watch to track a floor. If you know that you've had that much change in elevation but you're not seeing any floors tracked, let us know. You might have a defective device.

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Cricket913 - what is not stated is you may need to incur around 14 steps at the same time as going upstairs and if you hold the bannisters the watch may not correctly measure the steps.

This is to avoid counting floors when using a lift for example.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Hi, @Cricket913, welcome to the community, have you got the feature turned on in your PW2?

On the "Today" screen touch the edit pen icon in the top right>swipe up to "Floors">ensure the slider is in the on position (to the right)>SAVE. It should now appear under activity.

Let us know how you get on by posting here again.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer
0 Votes