Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Charge 2 - Can't Pair

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Have a new Charge 2 - With multiple bluetooth resets and phone (Note 5) reboots, my phone never sees it.

I supposedly have it paired to my laptop, but all the Chare 2 dies itself, i scroll "www.fitbit.com/setup".....that's it.

It's a new one so there's no dongle with it.

I had a regular Charge until last October when I lost it, but I didn't have any issues setting it up.

Not sure why nothing works. I think I got a lemon...

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi there @14StreetBob, nice to see you around. I wonder how it goes so far, were  you able to pair your Charge 2 to your account? In your community profile it looks like the Charge 2 was successfully pair.

If your computer supports bluetooth, is not longer require to use the wireless sync dongle to sync your tracker, but since has been a few days since you posted, I would like to review with you if the issue persists.

Keep me posted how it goes. I'll be around.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply Robert, I have bluetooth on my laptop and it would not work at all.

I found the dongle from an old Charge that I had and it worked perfectly.

If I didnt have that, I'd probably have taken it back honestly.

It's been working fine since I got it paired up and charged.

Thanks again and Happy Holidays.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad you got it working @14StreetBob!  Not all laptop Bluetooth devices are the new version 4.0, which required by the Fitbit. That is why the Fitbit Dongle worked. It is a good thing that you had it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm glad to hear with the dongle your tracker is syncing fine @14StreetBob. I haven't left much to add since is as @USAF-Larry said before. Not all the computers or mobile devices have the version of bluetooth require to sync.

The Charge 2 is designed to work with the latest devices and does not require a dongle in most cases, reason why the trackers does not include one on the package. Although there are specific scenarios like the one you described where is require a dongle. Nonetheless you have our full support for any additional help you may need.

I wish you both happy holidays!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes