Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MobileTrack: Fitbit pedometer service is running notification

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

MobileTrack notificationToday I'm seeing a new MobileTrack notification from the FitBit app.

I don't understand why their pedometer service would be running in the first place: My Fitbit charge 2 should already be connected, so they shouldn't need to use the pedometer service on my phone.

Anybody know what's going on?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@itzelcruz Nice to see you again on the forums. To deactivate MobileTrack, go to the app and tap on your profile picture. The devices set up will be listed there. You should be able to see MobileTrack and your Aria scale. Tap on MobileTrack. There you will see a trash icon on the righ top corner. Tap on it and confirm. You can also press and hold the notification shown on your device and deactivate them. 

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
114 REPLIES 114

Welcome to the Forums @Amiracle.

Thanks for sharing that information and that picture.

Unfortunately the picture didn't come through properly so I can't see exactly what the notification is. Could you try posting it once again? Be sure to click the 'Photos' button on top of the text field when you are typing your reply in the Forums. Check the picture below for reference.photos.PNG

Look forward to your reply.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Same issue here started this morning for me, seems there is no way to disable the constant notification...

MobileTrack notification - Fitbit pedometer service is running

Best Answer

Did you receive an app update last night?  The update to 2.83 brings the Android app targeting Oreo APIs, which have high restrictions on background activity. However, this sounds more like it is running in the foreground with an "app overlay" to not be visually shown as in the foreground.  I mention this, because foreground notifications can not be dismissed.

I also noticed (again) my FitBit has been turned to "not optimized" without my consent or input.  Maybe this also is the case for you and is causing the constant notification.

Of note, if the notification is not present, the pedometer will not function 100%.

Pixel 2, Fitbit Versa
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm getting the same message.

Best Answer

I did install an update this morning and yes, the fitbit app is turned to "not optimized" but I can't say that I've ever looked at it before.

Best Answer

I'm seeing the same thing after the latest update and when tapping "okay" the message just minimizes and this never goes away.  😞

Best Answer

Attaching Images. Sorry couldn't figure out how to get them in the other post.

Screenshot_20181120-124024.pngScreenshot_20181120-124029.png

Best Answer

Getting the same. I think it's killing my battery.

I have a pedometer on my Ionic so why do I need this on my phone.

Regardless how do I stop the pedometer on my phone talking to Fitbit? (Not just stop the notification).

Best Answer

Getting the same message here. Curious for solution.

Pixel 2XL w/Pie

Best Answer

I'm also running the Pixel 2 XL with Pie.

Best Answer

Same here... Galaxy S9+ with Oreo

Best Answer

I'm also getting this unexpected notification... definitely don't want it, and who wants to "unpair"? My choice is to "okay" or "unpair"?  I would suggest a "learn more" or a "work arounds" option.

Best Answer

When I long press on my pixel/pie notification, I get the option to de-select notifications for the sync service. Not sure that's ideal or not, but that's what I've done.

Best Answer

Me too, any help on this? Very annoying.

Best Answer

I've been getting this same notification since the day after I got my first FitBit a few days ago. Starting to annoy the hell out of me. Any idea of a fix?

Google Pixel with Fitbit Charge 3

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner wrote:

Getting the same. I think it's killing my battery.

I have a pedometer on my Ionic so why do I need this on my phone.

Regardless how do I stop the pedometer on my phone talking to Fitbit? (Not just stop the notification).

To answer my own question I unpair mobiletrack under the FB account icon. See heading, in my case it was how do I dump it however:

HOW DO I GET MOBILETRACK?

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1875/?q=Mobile+track&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1#Definition

Best Answer

@LanuzaFitbit Do you think we'll see a response from someone at Fitbit soon?

Thank you.

Best Answer

For what it's worth, I am guessing this is not indicating an actual change in the app's behavior - it's just that the behavior is more transparent. (I.e., this service was always there, but we weren't told of it).

Technical details: the Android OS will show this kind of notification for any app targeting recent Android versions (Oreo or later) and using a background service. Previous Android versions permitted totally hidden background services.

(Full disclosure: I work for Google, though not on Android)

Best Answer

I haven't noticed any negative repurcussions with this workaround... From my earlier post: "When I long press on my pixel/pie notification, I get the option to de-select notifications for the sync service. Not sure that's ideal or not, but that's what I've done." 

Best Answer