Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New chart NOT functional

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

There are so many problems with the charts since rolling them out in July.

For all charts, you NEED to revert back to rolling time frames. Otherwise the data is only accurate on the last day of the cycle (whether it is week, month, 3 months, etc.) When looking at weekly weight progress on a monday, it's useless to only see that day's progress. Same goes for month- if it's the 5th, seeing my weight progress for 5 days instead of the past 30 days useless. It doesn't paint a picture of a month's worth of progress. Most people do not judge their accomplishments based on a calendar, but by however long they've been working towards a goal.  It also makes the data inaccurate for comparisons.

ex. Pretend it's a Monday in the middle of the month of February. Your avg weekly weight is only taking into account 1 day instead of a week, your avg monthly weight is only taking into account half of a month instead of 30 days. Your avg yearly weight is only taking into account 2 months instead of 12. It makes it so you can't actually compare how you've done in the last week vs last month vs last year, because all the data points are in completely different spots of their cycle. This is why we need to go back to seeing progress for the past 7 days, past 30 days, past year, etc., instead of using a calendar. It also was a great feature to be able to scroll back through time. (actually scroll, not click back to a different timeframe.)

For food charts, we need the rolling timeframes for the same reason- data will be skewed. Also, the averages are not calculating correctly because the parameters are wrong. Any coders who actually use a Fitbit would realize that you can only count days that are completed and days you logged food into the averages. (Common sense). Otherwise the data isn't actually averaging your calories in vs out.  It is currently the 4th of the month, and I have logged my food every day. It says my average cals in is 196 and avg cals out is 284, when that is no where close to what I've logged st all. The app divided my cals in and out by the TOTAL number of days in September (30), not how many complete days have actually passed (3).

Another issue- looking at last week, the average cals in was wrong because it counted a day where I logged no food into the average. Not logging food is different than eating zero calories, and shouldn't be included in the calculations. It is reasonable that a user might not log food every single day of the month/year/etc., but would still like to know their average cals in vs cals out. Users who might take one day off from logging should still be allowed to access accurate data.

Additionally, please let us tap to see daily cals in vs out instead of click and hold- it's annoying and not user friendly.

Honestly, the graphs all were perfect before that update. Why create an update only to remove functionality with no improvements? It makes no sense.

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

I agree 100%. Thank you for highlighting the most burning issues, since they will not roll back the infamous update (downgrade) of their app. I'd really be interested in how many premium abo terminations they received (including mine ;-)) and how many users left for other brands as a result of this suicidal customer service performance. 

Best Answer

@SPW1 probably some users will leave, others will get used to but new users won't care because they will never know the old UI. I remember when I joined it had to be shortly after some other changes. I believe the app changed from something I haven't seen to a tiled UI. There were a number of posts from people complaining about the new UI but for me, a new user, it was irrelevant as I didn't know the old UI at all. The same pattern repeats with every change Fitbit applies. There were users who left because of removing custom forum user groups. Do you remember that? it happened overnight with no warning, puff - all gone! The community was furious as those groups were used to communicate custom challenges (for example within companies). New users are unaware there was something better and more functional than current community groups in the app. That's why there is no reason for Fitbit to revert any changes. Time passes, most of the current users will used to and new users won't care.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good call.....

Whilst we're talking about averages... the fluid/water intake averages for 'this week' need looking at too. When you first enter the water tile, the 'This week' average comes out with a value that I can't reconcile with what I've consumed. 

BUT.. if one moves off into another time period view, then comes back into the week, you're presented with a different average..This one I can reconcile. - it's the amount of 'water' I've consumed today. divided by 7 - so even though we have yet to reach or pass the 6 remaining days of the week (my app is set for the week starting on Monday), those days are included in the weekly average.

Same with the month view.... my average intake for the month so far works out to be the water intake since the 1st September - divided by 30

Seems the easiest (and most acceptable to the community!!) fix for this would be to move back to the rolling time periods, then the devs won't have to do anything clever in the background calculations to ignore days in the week/month/year that we have yet to reach or pass.

Another thing I've noticed is that the values on the macronutrients chart are hyper inflated (same as we were seeing with the macro breakdowns, which was fixed in V3.66 of the app) I don't understand why, if the total macro gram values in the food tile are correct (which they always were) why the chart has then been coded to perform additional data manipulation/calculations

Best Answer